Groups

Best bike for a 5yr old?

Ideally with optional stabilizers if need be, but I prefer balance bikes. I really like the quality of 'micro scooters' so would like a brand with longevity. Thanks

6 Comments

Get your child an islabike noc 16. They are quite expensive but hold their value well

Was wondering the same thing for a three year old

For the speed they grow i dont think longevity is an issue. We got our boys ones from halfords when that age and then got good bikes age 8

Isla bike or frog bikes. Both have great resale value. Then maybe some stabilers like these halfords.com/cyc…ers

marty-401

Isla bike or frog bikes. Both have great resale value. Then maybe some … Isla bike or frog bikes. Both have great resale value. Then maybe some stabilers like these http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/kids-bike-accessories/ez-training-suspension-stabilisers

Frog bike is far better than isla and slighty cheaper too. Great resale value on both

I researched alot (too much) for a bike for my 5 year old last year in my price range and Ridgeback very much stood out. Alot of blogs and forums recommend them.

Aluminium frame so it is nice and light, shimano running gear (no gears) and tektro v-brakes. Great stopping power and build quality with proper quality branded components. So much easier to ride compared to the steel 'Toy' bikes in the shops.

Not too expensive and the hold there value very well, you can also find some hardly used ones on gumtree/ebay for a decent saving
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044549
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047161
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767399
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28107

See more discussions