Best Bluetooth Headphones for Running

Found 29th Jun
can anyone tell me the best Headphones they have had for Running
Community Updates
AskAudio & Hi-FiFitness
11 Comments
Depends on budget and if you require them to be water proof?

Personally I wouldn't want to run in any headphones as they'd be too hot, I do use Apple Air pods now and they're great. Before them (and now in the rain) I run in wired Sennheiser CX200's
If you are running in an organised race you can only run with bone conduction headphones like Aftershokz. Any other types and they will disqualify you.
But if it's personal running, Plantronics Backbeat fit are great.
RichSturman29th Jun

If you are running in an organised race you can only run with bone …If you are running in an organised race you can only run with bone conduction headphones like Aftershokz. Any other types and they will disqualify you.

yea right they really enforce that rule don’t they .
I recently ran a 10k with the Airpods and were very impressed.
Don't let the Apple logo put you off
This is very hit and miss as I understand it. Best used wired but your own body shelds the signal so really cheap might work but the most expensive might drop out.
Thanks, not competitive running just the odd 5k parkrun, I was looking to spend about £50.00 and the in-ear variety.
jcsymons4 h, 25 m ago

Thanks, not competitive running just the odd 5k parkrun, I was looking to …Thanks, not competitive running just the odd 5k parkrun, I was looking to spend about £50.00 and the in-ear variety.

This might be worth a read?

Not many reviews for wireless earbuds less than £50 though.

I agree with the earlier comment re AirPods, and actually sold a pair of Bose Soundsport Wireless to get them, but I don't think i'd trust them to stay in whilst jogging mind you, although they do seem secure and no amount of head shaking can remove them..!
Edited by: "andynicol" 29th Jun
paulj4822 h, 59 m ago

yea right they really enforce that rule don’t they .

They have done at several races I've been to. And my running club organises races and or Marshalls make a note of their numbers and disqualify them from the results.
RichSturman1 h, 11 m ago

They have done at several races I've been to. And my running club …They have done at several races I've been to. And my running club organises races and or Marshalls make a note of their numbers and disqualify them from the results.

You only have to look at the big televised runs, London Marathon, Great North Run etc. to see that organisers turn a blind eye.

Id be supprised if Marshals have to power to disqualify, they’re there to marshal the course, only the race referee can disqualify.
I've seen many runners pulled from races or been flagged as wearing headphones and removed from the results. Its all based on UK Athletics insurance. If a race is run under UKA rules (and insurance) the organisers are supposed to pull entrants out and DQ. Some organisers yake it seriously, others don't but UKA are starting to push the policy.

I've seen earpods me tioned a few timea in various places, same applies to Aftershokz Trekz and Jaybird X3 
Edited by: "darlodge" 30th Jun
Mpow IPx7 Flame Bluetooth. Under £20, waterproof and fit well.
I’m sure better exists or we’d all have these. Not the Bonniest but certainly fit a need.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants