Best bridge camera under £150

Found 2nd Mar 2015
Looking for bridge camera for 14 yr old don't want to spend too much in case has no interest. Looked at argos.co.uk/sta…htm then currys.co.uk/gbu…tml, but i have no clue which is best or if another is better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated ty
Community Updates
AskCameraBridge Camera
9 Comments
Depends what it will be used for .....casual learning the finer points of photography / photography course / holiday photos etc

EliTom
This uses AA batteries, this will get expensive
Camera is for her to learn a bit about photography and if she shows interest will get a better camera.
tumsch

Camera is for her to learn a bit about photography and if she shows … Camera is for her to learn a bit about photography and if she shows interest will get a better camera.

take a look here - I could re-open this thread if you are interested. Does not have the zoom range of a bridge but overall quality will be better and handles much more like a "real" camera ! More flexible / versatile to grow into photography with than a bridge camera

hotukdeals.com/for…585

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 2nd Mar 2015
We bought a HS20 EXR last year for around £120 used, great bridge camera, excellent zoom and features. Great reviews too. It does take AA batteries but we have 2400mh rechargeables and they last ages.
I'm a Nikon fan. If it has to be under £100, maybe compare to the L330 (£89.99) that you've already checked out...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3571691.htm

* 20.2 megapixel, superzoom camera
* 26x optical wide angle NIKKOR zoom lens

Or, if you can stretch a bit for better kit (especially the zoom), the L830 (£119.99):

* 16 megapixels
* 34x optical zoom.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Edited by: "morgie" 2nd Mar 2015
Of the first two, the Nikon apparently lacks full manual mode - they call a lot of cameras "bridge" when they don't really deserve that designation.

May also be worth checking the selection at the various cash converter / generator / CEX type places as well - even Some DSL bodies & lenses, or a Sony Alpha 290 DSLR with 18-55mm lens for £119.99 - and a few more DSLR with lens
Edited by: "matth9999" 2nd Mar 2015
Buy almost new camera on ebay. Plenty for sale, many fully boxed and pristine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants