Best broadband and BT sport deal

Posted 7th Jan
Hi

Looking for advice on best/cheapest way of getting broadband and all BT sport channels (including 4k BT sport)

I already pay Sky £44 a month for TV (including sky sports)

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
You should be able to get it with Virgin Media cheaper than that with faster broadband
Arto07/01/2020 19:15

You should be able to get it with Virgin Media cheaper than that with …You should be able to get it with Virgin Media cheaper than that with faster broadband

....but I wish to keep my current Sky Q
bailey8707/01/2020 19:17

....but I wish to keep my current Sky Q

Only way to get it cheaper with them is by ringing and asking. If you go with Virgin Media it’s £49pm with 108mb broadband. If you add sky sports you get a free 43” 4k LG tv
Had the exact same dilemma myself a couple of months ago.

Couldn’t find any good price and ended up going with virgin media two rooms setup and taking sky sports and movies and broadband to get the bt sport uhd included.

Was a lot of cash but the only reason I kept sky is to get sky Atlantic. Even then I can go to now tv potentially for sky Atlantic.

Bt is so expensive for broadband and costs more for sport hd as well.

T
Hmm, dilemma indeed

I do not wish to give up Sky Q / am content to pay £44 a month. In fact I’d be happy to go with Sky for broadband and BT Sport too, if they were able to provide BT sport 4k and all the BT sport channels...but they can’t
Sky released details that they have some sort of deal with BT to resell BT sport but I honestly got fed up waiting on it happening. I Don’t know if there has been any update on release recently.

Hope you find something.
I ended up getting a great deal but it was Black Friday deals.

T
Edited by: "T_UKdeals" 7th Jan
My current BT broadband & BT sport deal costs £28, but is coming to an end next month. Just looking at the current BT BB & TV rates and they’re more around £50 a month - nuts
Edited by: "bailey87" 7th Jan
bailey8707/01/2020 19:45

My current BT broadband & BT sport deal costs £28, but is coming to an end …My current BT broadband & BT sport deal costs £28, but is coming to an end next month. Just looking at the current BT BB & TV rates and they’re more around £50 a month - nuts

Exact same as happened to me for bt broadband and sport.

When I looked into it for an extra 29 I got virgin oomph package. Which includes lots of stuff. Lots and lots

T
Edited by: "T_UKdeals" 7th Jan
I currently pay £23.99 for BT halo and BT sports in HD on my sky q box. I got that deal when they tried to put the prices up and I told them I'd be giving my notice. You could try going through topcashback/quidco as they tend to give around £200 in cashback for BT broadband and sports deals in he past.
So called and the best they could offer me was BB 50-70mb and BT sport ultimate for £37.99 - a £10 hike from what I’m currently paying
does that seem like a decent deal?
bailey8707/01/2020 19:45

My current BT broadband & BT sport deal costs £28, but is coming to an end …My current BT broadband & BT sport deal costs £28, but is coming to an end next month. Just looking at the current BT BB & TV rates and they’re more around £50 a month - nuts

You're getting a great deal there mate, we been paying over £50 a month for BT Sport HD pack on Sky, line rental, free anytime calls and 'Superfast Fibre Halo 1' since last summer
Does anybody know, if I cancel with BT / give the my 30 day notice, am I likely to be offered a retention deal a few weeks into the notice period? Or do BT not do that?
bailey8709/01/2020 19:08

Does anybody know, if I cancel with BT / give the my 30 day notice, am I …Does anybody know, if I cancel with BT / give the my 30 day notice, am I likely to be offered a retention deal a few weeks into the notice period? Or do BT not do that?

No idea with BT, always works with Sky so try it mate.
bailey8708/01/2020 17:21

So called and the best they could offer me was BB 50-70mb and BT sport …So called and the best they could offer me was BB 50-70mb and BT sport ultimate for £37.99 - a £10 hike from what I’m currently paying

Was offered similar price a few weeks back via retentions at the end of the contract, though for lower tier fibre (36mb I think?). Also offered £22 for just the fibre broadband alone, tried and tried but I couldn't get them below £38 for adding TV & sport so just took the broadband deal, can't really justify an extra £16 a month for the few champions league games I watch
Jimbob2710/01/2020 00:00

Was offered similar price a few weeks back via retentions at the end of …Was offered similar price a few weeks back via retentions at the end of the contract, though for lower tier fibre (36mb I think?). Also offered £22 for just the fibre broadband alone, tried and tried but I couldn't get them below £38 for adding TV & sport so just took the broadband deal, can't really justify an extra £16 a month for the few champions league games I watch

That's what annoys me about BT Sport, no doubt the bulk of their subscription income goes towards financing the European cup coverage and the 50 odd live 'Prem' games they show each season so perhaps for people like you, who are probably the vast majority of subscribers, they could offer a slightly lower monthly cost for an exclusive European Cup and English top flight channel.

I have nigh on no interest in the European Cup and subscribe to BT for the Scottish football, the Bundesliga, especially Bundesliga 2 as I got a soft spot for HSV, Aussie cricket and the Conference or National League as it's called now.

Don't have to be a broadcasting rights negotiator to know full that something like three quarters of my subscription goes on securing the rights to the two competitions I have very little to no interest in but it is what it, swings 'n' roundabouts as they say.
Edited by: "SpeakEnglish" 10th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions