Groups

Best broadband for under £20 a month

Ive been with aol for like 3 years now and tbh £15 a month for 6 mb isnt enough for me as i lag like hell online

I game online every day alot and i need to upgrade

I want at least 10mb
    unlimited downloads
    cheap price
    special offer
    a decent supplier

Anyone any suggestions - im thinking of going fibre as my line cant do more than 6mb but is it worth it?

Daniel

23 Comments

O2 or Be if you can get it.

Original Poster

Spriggan;4427411

O2 or Be if you can get it.

i was looking at that 6 months free offer but most ppl say the service isnt very good

Banned

dandoc2;4427448

i was looking at that 6 months free offer but most ppl say the service … i was looking at that 6 months free offer but most ppl say the service isnt very good

Who is most people? I've only ever seen shouts to approve, not the reverse!

dandoc2;4427448

i was looking at that 6 months free offer but most ppl say the service … i was looking at that 6 months free offer but most ppl say the service isnt very good

Which report doesn't agree.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4760/broadbandhl9.jpg

Most people? I think if you re-read then you will see that they are only saying that to put you off because they don't want the good service to deteriorate with a sudden surge of new customers and leechers.

Original Poster

Spriggan;4427474

Most people? I think if you re-read then you will see that they are only … Most people? I think if you re-read then you will see that they are only saying that to put you off because they don't want the good service to deteriorate with a sudden surge of new customers and leechers.

yer lol i just re-red most of them they were approving but saying dont join because they dont want it ruined --- thing is BE say i can get 19mb in my area but bt says the max i can get is 6mb

dandoc2;4427510

yer lol i just re-red most of them they were approving but saying dont … yer lol i just re-red most of them they were approving but saying dont join because they dont want it ruined --- thing is BE say i can get 19mb in my area but bt says the max i can get is 6mb

BT don't factor adsl2+ into the guesstimate that they give you. Go for Be or O2 Dan, trust me. I very rarely get speed related faults with Be/o2 (Telefonica group) and of the customers I do visit they all seem happy. You up for Fifa laters?

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4427584

BT don't factor adsl2+ into the guesstimate that they give you. Go for Be … BT don't factor adsl2+ into the guesstimate that they give you. Go for Be or O2 Dan, trust me. I very rarely get speed related faults with Be/o2 (Telefonica group) and of the customers I do visit they all seem happy. You up for Fifa laters?

yeh mate i will be on in like 15 mins or so

dandoc2;4427592

yeh mate i will be on in like 15 mins or so

I'll be a while yet, Kids have control of the TV for a while yet.

Also you need a good upload speed for online gaming. Be offer 1.3 up on unlimted and 2.5 on the pro

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4427649

Also you need a good upload speed for online gaming. Be offer 1.3 up on … Also you need a good upload speed for online gaming. Be offer 1.3 up on unlimted and 2.5 on the pro

im on like 300kbps atm on aol

448kbps is the standard for rate adaptive ADSL 300 on a speedteser is about right.

id say "Be" as well, i was reading on "Web User" as while ago that they are the best for gamers as they have little or no lag with the connection and you can get very good speeds (realistically quoted on their site with the actual distance to your nearest exchange)

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4427635

I'll be a while yet, Kids have control of the TV for a while yet.

ah okie
    Paddy_o_furniture;4427649

Also you need a good upload speed for online gaming. Be offer 1.3 up on … Also you need a good upload speed for online gaming. Be offer 1.3 up on unlimted and 2.5 on the pro

1.3 sounds amazing - will give me no lag ever i hope

Original Poster

Does the 6 months free offer not work with the £17.50 a month package ?

dandoc2;4427819

Does the 6 months free offer not work with the £17.50 a month package ?

Not sure mate, give em a ring.

Banned

dandoc2;4427510

yer lol i just re-red most of them they were approving but saying dont … yer lol i just re-red most of them they were approving but saying dont join because they dont want it ruined --- thing is BE say i can get 19mb in my area but bt says the max i can get is 6mb

Ask youself who you believe!

BT keep ringing me and tell me its impossible that I have a 16.5Mb connection unless I am on cable.

For Be to tell you you'd get a 19Mb speed, you must be almost on top of your exchange. Makes you wonder why BT can only give you 6Mb!

im with eclipse, but moving to o2 soon

guv;4428020

Ask youself who you believe!BT keep ringing me and tell me its impossible … Ask youself who you believe!BT keep ringing me and tell me its impossible that I have a 16.5Mb connection unless I am on cable.For Be to tell you you'd get a 19Mb speed, you must be almost on top of your exchange. Makes you wonder why BT can only give you 6Mb!

BT are playing catch up with ADSL. BT can offer upto 24Mb with WBC but not many exchanages have that yet, and the few that do it only seems to be wholesale resellers that offer it.

I'm on Karoo, forced to have it

IT IS C R A P!

Snare;4428053

I'm on Karoo, forced to have itIT IS ****!

How do Kingston Comms get away with it?

Paddy_o_furniture;4428062

How do Kingston Comms get away with it?

Although it is not technically a monopoly, it really is.
    There are lines already placed, but KC charge too much for other companies to use them :x

There ws a huge petition and the goverment researched and came up with that answer basically!

Snare;4428103

Although it is not technically a monopoly, it really is.There are lines … Although it is not technically a monopoly, it really is.There are lines already placed, but KC charge too much for other companies to use them :xThere ws a huge petition and the goverment researched and came up with that answer basically!

Just been reading about it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1118
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay47
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416146
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32165

See more discussions