Best broadband for xbox live?

Found 3rd Jun 2009
can anyone recommend a decent xbox live friendly broadband provider?
currently on talktalk and even after changing settings to reduce the NAT strict Issue, still having problems with disconnecting from xbox live/freezing, Plan is to cancel line with talktalk in august(end of 18months), take out a new BT line for house before end of june(free offer of BT installation) so i can get more choice again via BT Line.

12 Comments

O2 if you can get it - Medium package for £10 a month if you have an O2 mobile (contract or PAYG). Can also get some decent cashback through Quidco.

Be internet (same network infrastructure as O2). Have used them for years, can't fault them.

Avoid BT internet if you can as i've had issues with strict NAT that can't seem to be solved in the buggy router they supply.

I've also heard good things about BEthere and O2.

Original Poster

Ungreat;5387316

Avoid BT internet if you can as i've had issues with strict NAT that … Avoid BT internet if you can as i've had issues with strict NAT that can't seem to be solved in the buggy router they supply.I've also heard good things about BEthere and O2.

Is that the home hub setup you have? had shortlisted BT as dont have a lot of choice in my area (just talktalk enabled on exchange) so looking for other providers who use a BT line,i was with sky 18 months ago paying £5 for their broadband package but then cancelled my sky account but for some reason i can no longer get the £5 deal with sky again for broadband

Banned

02 £7.34 a month for unlimited 8mb connection if you have an o2 sim and top up a tenner every 3 months, you also get a warning when you need to top up

or 12.50 for no o2 sim

great service

Original Poster

casparwhite;5387932

02 £7.34 a month for unlimited 8mb connection if you have an o2 sim and … 02 £7.34 a month for unlimited 8mb connection if you have an o2 sim and top up a tenner every 3 months, you also get a warning when you need to top upor 12.50 for no o2 simgreat service

sadly cant get 02 (looks great by the way) as i said has to be a supplier that uses a BT line.

As your exchnage only has LLU from talk talk/opal your quite limited. Normally I would recommend o2/be due to the upload speeds of upto 2.5 meg

Banned

Bully;5400723

sadly cant get 02 (looks great by the way) as i said has to be a … sadly cant get 02 (looks great by the way) as i said has to be a supplier that uses a BT line.

ok try [url]www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk[/url]

tests your line and gives you the best options available to you....just sign up through quidco or topcashback and not them:thumbsup:

bethere is perfect
ive played 500+ games with it.

if u need an invitation send me ur email and i can invite u so u get like no connection costs and also between 1-3 months free

Banned

breeville;5400765

bethere is perfective played 500+ games with it.if u need an invitation … bethere is perfective played 500+ games with it.if u need an invitation send me ur email and i can invite u so u get like no connection costs and also between 1-3 months free

or sign up himself and get 70 quid cashback

Babbabooey;5387272

Be internet (same network infrastructure as O2). Have used them for … Be internet (same network infrastructure as O2). Have used them for years, can't fault them.

+1 :thumbsup:

I've used them with xbox live no probs

O2 and Be are not availible to Bully

You have loads of choice, most ISPs use the standard ADSL connections, the LLU ones are the exception not the rule.

But are you sure the issue if with your ISP? If it's something else then you'll have locked yourself into another 12 month contract and will still be suffering the problem, and talktalk are one of the cheaper ISPs out there if you're happy with their throttling.

Zen are very good, but you will have to pay more for their service.

PlusNet prioritise gaming traffic and I assume that includes consoles so they seem like a good choice as well.

I have no problem with my gaming using Post Office Broadband Extra, but I use a PC and not a console.
Post a comment
@
    Text