Expired

Best broadband only, broadband and phone, or broadband, phone and tv package?

10 replies
Found 31st Dec 2009
Hi all,

I know the title is a bit odd, but just wondering on people's thoughts.

We're currently with Vigin Media, paying £20 a month, for the following:

Phone line with free weekend local calls
2MB Broadband
Freeview package on Virgin box (useless obviously, as we can have freeview)

Can anyone find a better deal for me than £20 a month? Doesn't have to include tv, as that's next to useless.

Ideally looking to upgrade the internet, and want to come armed to call Virgin in 45 minutes time.

10 Comments

I don't think you will beat that. I am changing in 2 weeks time from BT (phone and broadband) to Sky for £40 a month I will have Sky tv (we cannot get freeview!) line rental free calls 24/7 including Holland and New Zealand which I ring regularly and 8MB (I think) broadband. It would have been £30 per month but I paid extra for a better broadband and the 24/7 calls.
Do you still pay BT for your line rental when you are with Virgin?

Original Poster

Nope, the line rental is with virgin - no BT costs.

However, I heard that some people get £9.99 a month AOL 8mb with a phone line.... Not sure how.

Well as long as free weekend calls is all you need then go for it! I do not think you will find cheaper.

Original Poster

I've been with them a year now, and just called them, but they won't offer me anything unfortunately.

the only way you will get something from them is to get through to the retentions team and say you wanna a better deal or you will leave for say sky then they may offer you a better deal

Im paying £21 for L: TV and M: Broadband with no landline...TBH your not likely to get a better deal, saying that the new customer offer at the moment is £4.50pm for first 12 months, for the BB when you take a landline at £11pm

allyours.virginmedia.com/htm…tml

...although I have heard that ringing them and pleading poverty might get you somewhere

rocko5000;3906236

the only way you will get something from them is to get through to the … the only way you will get something from them is to get through to the retentions team and say you wanna a better deal or you will leave for say sky then they may offer you a better deal

i agree, my sister was paying them £40 for years, when i took this offer 3 for 20, i mentioned it to her. She rang and told she wants to leave, and was given 3 for £20 aswell.

Tiscali are cheaper. :thumbsup:

Banned

Origin Broadband

I've just cancelled virgin and I need a new broadband, phone and catch up TV before the end of month. I thought virgin might have talked me into staying with a better offer but they didn't so the wife said I better find another before virgin is disconnected. I pay around £40 for broadband, phone and normal TV with catch up. Anyone know of any good deals on offer. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions