Groups

Best Broadband package (Also tv ariel problem)

Well now im settled in my house were thinking of getting broadband set up so was wondering who the best provider is?

The only thing we want is decent speed broadband and unlimited downloads (xbox 360 downloading alot)

Postcode is BT5 if that helps with speed

Are all contracts 12months and are they transferable to a new appartment? I ask because we may be moving to a better place in dec

Also maybe someone could help with this there is a tv ariel in our house, the type that comes from the wall, but at the part that connects to the tv is missing the end bit so there is just a small wire bit is this easy to fix?

16 Comments

Vigin, good consistant speed, limits from 4 to 9 pm, so don't use at them time, 360 and torrents ALL the oterh time.
    If using ADSL (BT, sky) check how far from exchange, further slower will be (Virgin is optical)
    or ask neightboors what speeds there getting.
    If with SKY or BT see if give to you for free with phone/package

The plug you need that goes from that cable to the tv cost about 50 pence and easy to put on, screws on easy.

Original Poster

thnaks for the tv ariel info landlord coming to do it in the morning now cos they need to fix our light

how do you find out how far from the exchange you are?

Banned

[url]www.uswitch.com[/url] to see options before people say virgin etc as you may not be able to.

Banned

allstar2;2590529

thnaks for the tv ariel info landlord coming to do it in the morning now … thnaks for the tv ariel info landlord coming to do it in the morning now cos they need to fix our lighthow do you find out how far from the exchange you are?

dslzoneuk.net/dis…php

Original Poster

thanks to both of you rep added

Original Poster

ok so im 1.33km form exchange i take it thats good for higher speeds?

Banned

allstar2;2590573

ok so im 1.33km form exchange i take it thats good for higher speeds?

yep. also depends on what providers are around your way.

O2 are meant to be one of the best (same a Be* Broadband)
    Plus you can get £5 off a month if you are an O2 customer.

I am with VIrgin, have cable broadband. The product is great, excellent consistent speeds as already stated. My customer server experience has been abysmal though, (call center is based offshore outside office hours) Plus if you don't also have a VIrgin phone line, the technical support number is a premium rate one.

So to sum it up Virgin cable broadband is brilliant, just cross your fingers that you never need to contact them to resolve a problem

haha my former workplace is 40metres from exchange and it was a **** connection, strange..

I'm with Be and love them - had no probs, its unlimited, always fast and if they are going to do anything that disrupts the internet service, even if it's at 3am, they always send an e mail to let me know, just incase. Unlike AOL where I was constantly on the phone about decreasing speed and the connection being down, I've been with them almost a year and not had to call them once :thumbsup:

If you may move in December, you need a monthly contract, none of the suggested ISP's give one month contracts.

IDNet do give a month by month contract, with no penalties for leaving.

u shud be ok with virgin if u move allthough u may have to repay a connection fee of like £30.

I would also recommend O2 Wireless Broadband 'beunlimited'. I'v had it for more than 3 months and so far have not had any problems.

I signed up for to the premium service for £10/mth on a 12/mth contract.
    Download speed of 16MEG, the speed never falls under 10Meg which is great.
    Download usage is unlimited so no need to worry how much bandwidth I have used.
    Received free wireless box and currently have my 2nd computer, my Laptop and my Nokia N95 connected wirelessly.

Also received £25 cashback from Quidco.

So after cashback works out at £7.91/mth.

+ if you are not entirely satisfied with your connection speed and the O2 service, you have a 50 days money back guarantee (when i purchased it was 100 days).

Hope this helps.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona24112
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213618
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17406140
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764166

See more discussions