Best Broadband Provider

Found 14th Mar 2017
currently just have broadband with sky, thinking about changing over and getting broadband/line rental/calls.

looked on these comparison sites for the best deals - looking for your thoughts

just wondering what everybody has got - any good providers out - any nightmare stories
Community Updates
AskBroadband
15 Comments
I'm with Virgin 150meg get roughly 163meg so its all good.
Toon_army

I'm with Virgin 150meg get roughly 163meg so its all good.

​how do u know how much meg u get...n how much u paying...my contract is finishing with vm and now they want to charge me £26 for fibre 20 n line rental...thanks
Avoid TalkTalk!!
If you are just looking to save, then every year you need to haggle with your provider and be prepared to switch. Sky has (or recently had) the cheapest offer for new customers only through MoneySavingExpert. Your option to switch now may be Virgin or Plusnet (TalkTalk rating is very low). I can't say that Virgin are the best or the cheapest but I've been reluctant to switch every year.
They are all as bad each other but in different ways
samyousaf

​how do u know how much meg u get...n how much u paying...my contract is f … ​how do u know how much meg u get...n how much u paying...my contract is finishing with vm and now they want to charge me £26 for fibre 20 n line rental...thanks

We pay £23 for 150Mb BB only on a retention deal it's supposed to be double discounted so from £36

Virgin are the best on our area was getting 2Mb before as no fibre in the area.
Edited by: "eslick" 14th Mar 2017
whats the latency like on Virgin?
£15 pcm for line rental and 40mbps fibre with sky. Vm previously but they wouldn't go lower than £28 for line rental and 70mbps. I'm a heavy downloader but can't see any need for faster than what I'm getting now. Everything downloads 50 times quicker than I can watch it
jamierichardson129

whats the latency like on Virgin?

Dire
chocci

Dire

Its not that bad. Its not the best, but you can do much worse.

https://s29.postimg.org/56o0ej8pj/image.png
I've had talktalk, BT and sky. Talktalk is rubbish. Bt fibre was flawless but bt play tricks and you end up paying more. Sky has been flawless and that's not even fibre. I guess it's down to the location of what service you would get and not really due to the company.
I have sky which has been superb. I was with virgin for many years but left due to over-utilization. My speed with virgin was horrific. Shame as they were the cheapest.
INDUSTRYHATER

I have sky which has been superb. I was with virgin for many years but … I have sky which has been superb. I was with virgin for many years but left due to over-utilization. My speed with virgin was horrific. Shame as they were the cheapest.

Virgin have sorted out loads of over subscribed areas out as making my job hard work now
cliosport65

They are all as bad each other but in different ways

Only the big ISPs, if you want good customer service there are dozens of smaller ISPs that offer it with no difference in the quality of your broadband.

They don't tend to have the huge price swings with massive discounting initially and rapidly rising prices so you will pay more than if you shop around every year.
no such thing if there was 1 then there would only be 1 same as most other things.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants