Expired

Best Broadband Provider - Plusnet v EE/Orange v Talk Talk

Found 17th Feb 2013
Been on EE for a year now and had my internet down for around a week last month and they're advisors didn't seem to know what they were doing (all saying different things). Out of the 3, which is the best for speed and reliability?

Thanks
Community Updates
14 Comments
Out of those three, it's PlusNet every time for me. EE and TalkTalk are cheap, but as soon as anything goes wrong, you're on your own.
everyone says talk talk are a complete nightmare so avoid, EE i have no idea, heard a few good things about plusnet.
depend on what you want:
-speed
-unlimited usage
I wonder if you are an EE/orange customer if you can get rebate?
AOL/Talk Talk not that bad, just a lot of people are moaning abt them, but haven't had much problem with them, don't forget with talk talk you can get 12 months 1/2 price internet (I think).
Plusenet, I think they are expensive, better check:
broadbandchecker.co.uk/
Original Poster
Hmmm... interesting. So Plusnet seems to be the one to choose.

And I'd rather not stay with EE now, had enough problems especially since they merged for some reason.
Plusnet is expensive looking at their price, in this case you better get Virgin fibre or BT infinity (_;)
I have to say since joining plusnet I've been very happy, I moved from sky who I was quite happy with beforehand but I find plusnets website easy to use as we had a usage cap before moving to an unlimited package with our fiber broadband. I could easily recommend them.
I've got Plusnet unlimited fibre - its not at advertised speed yet after 10 days, and they throttle p2p badly to the level its useless.
Moved to Plusnet from EE a couple of months ago. Have landline and bb bundle with Plusnet, was the cheapest deal I could find for my usage and the service is excellent. UK call centre is a huge bonus as far as I'm concerned - you get to talk to someone on a clear non-international line that actually understands your question rather than someone reading from a script in a language that is not their first.
I would say neither
I had loads of speed problems with Plusnet, and they really did not care. When you contact them they send scripted generic replies.
I went to O2 and they tried really hard to help. I later moved to BT and regretted it.
You get a discount if you have a mobile account with O2 as well
Sambat

I would say neitherI had loads of speed problems with Plusnet, and they … I would say neitherI had loads of speed problems with Plusnet, and they really did not care. When you contact them they send scripted generic replies.I went to O2 and they tried really hard to help. I later moved to BT and regretted it.You get a discount if you have a mobile account with O2 as well

Not like my experience. I've found Plusnet very helpful and professional when I've contacted them.
Me too.
My parents phone line was out of order for a month with EE promising it would get fixed the next day. Their customer service is atrocious! Admittedly it was BT OpenReach's job to fix the problem but it was due to EE's poor management that caused the delays in getting the problem fixed. There is no way of reporting faults or raising support issues via your account. There is a fault tracking option, but a no time during the month of the outage did a single fault get logged on the account.

Moved my own line from TalkTalkBusiness to PlusNet residential. Price went down by 80% and speed went up by 2Mbs. Plusnet's customer service has so far been excellent. The only gripe is that the call centre is very busy and it can take over 15mins to answer your call. Unlike EE whom on my last call to 21mins to answer, PlusNet actually sort out any issues you have in that one call. If they can not, they raise a support ticket, the progress of which you can track on your account.
just about to leave ee for plusnet i agree when ee was orange it was a better company but standards seem to have severely slipped. ee price works out about the same if its as good as people say will be glad to pay a little extra. as ee dont like to repair telephone lines when faults are evident as the opeanreach engineers have explained to us so if you are extreemly lucky not to have any faults on your line yes ee will work if not it will be an atrocious service. already experienced a little support from plusnet much better fingers crossed please be better. Still all it has to do is work
Talk talk was rubbish for me at first I was getting speed in kb not mb, they sent 2x engineers over and couldent identify the problem so their solutuion was for me to pay bt to replace the telephone line which is £300+ and then they will be able to identify if its internal problem or external. Wtf. Anyway I bought power line adaptors and have been getting speeds of 8mb now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants