Best broadband rental at a good speed

Posted 20th Feb
Hi,

So I am currently with sky unlimited broadband (8mb speed) used to pay £9 a month but now has increase to £17 and in March to £32.

They have offered my to keep it for another 18months for £22 a month.

However i have seen there currently is better deals out there at a faster speed.
broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/

Which one would you recommend switching to and is it worth it to save a bit (other broadband would cost between £15-20+) ?

Any expereince with Vodaphone broadband, Plus net ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I would recommend BT broadband, whilst it’s more expensive than most I truly believe in you pay what you get for...
I use plusnet, ni complaints over service or speed - though you will always find problems with any service if you look hard enough. Plusnet at least have uk based customer service. I've been with them for at least 10 years. And when it comes to ends of contract it's easy to renegotiate a deal.
Fibre NowBB about equivalent £15/m on 12m contract after £100 TCB, and basically Sky's service with a skin topcashback.co.uk/now…nd/
Another vote for plusnet fibre, I pay the line rental upfront and £4.00 a month for fibre, no calls included.
Around £21 a month in total.
I’ve switched over to nowTV broadband from BT, £18pm inc anytime calls and the two weeks I’ve been with them I’ve noticed the router is connecting 1-2mbps higher and been just as stable as BT were. Only downside I find their router isn’t as good of a coverage as the homebub 2 is
I'm using Vodafone now, have been since about October.

Not had a single problem so far, compared to the countless down time (and other problems) I'd previously experienced with Virgin.

Saw some negative reviews for Voda, but most of them seemed to be issues down to the Modem/Router they supply (do any supply a decent one?), apparently the new one is better. I decided to use a Huawei HG612 (mymemory.co.uk/bt-…tml) for the modem and my mesh network for the routing (TP-Link Deco M5).
Ringfinger20/02/2020 17:45

I use plusnet, ni complaints over service or speed - though you will …I use plusnet, ni complaints over service or speed - though you will always find problems with any service if you look hard enough. Plusnet at least have uk based customer service. I've been with them for at least 10 years. And when it comes to ends of contract it's easy to renegotiate a deal.

They were so bad it was actually comical! The company wasn't great but their cs dept was woeful! I was supposed to have my parents move to plusnet but they screwed it up and the excuses just kept coming! I cancelled and they rhenium ballsed that up!

Now I know telecom companies generally have poor front line operators but even the manager's were hopeless! In the end, I only got my money back and things sorted after emailing the ceo (I really didn't think anything was going to come of that!)

I'm now using an unlimited Three sim
All depends on the length of your line and what services are available in your area
And the quality of the router used.

The majority of fibre lines use the Openreach network so there is little difference in speed between providers. The router has a big say on the matter though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants