Best Broadband, TV & Talk Bundle? Please Help!

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can help me out here. I’ve been with SKY for almost 6 years now and this is how much I’m paying them for Broadband & Talk and of course, TV.

I feel that I am paying a little too much for what I get and I want to know if there is a better deal out there.

I need Unlimited Calls (I’m on SKY Anytime) and I’m subscribed to Variety for SKY TV (not fussed about getting rid of it to get a better deal as I pay £29.95 for that).

If there is someone out there that can advise me what to do I would really really REALLY appreciate it. I was thinking of pretending to cancel my contract with SKY to see if they give me a discount. Would that be a good thing to do?

Below is a summary of what I pay every month. What do you think?

Thank you for your help!

2836892.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Start by asking yourself some questions...

• Do you need unlimited calls? If you (and your family) have a mobile with a generous amount of minutes, why not utilise that and save some cash on the landline?
• Do you have fibre? If so, do you need it or will ADSL suffice?
• Is your Sky TV package what you need? Could you go for the BT TV Starter pack instead? Could you deal with Freeview? If you want to record, get a Freeview Plus box for a one off cost. If you have Sky satellite TV, will Freesat work for you?

If you do need TV and fibre, and you can do your calls on your mobile you can get a standard deal from Virgin for £30/month - £20 activation fee but go via MSE for a £25 gift card to offset it - virginmedia.com/sho…tml

....OR if you are happy with what you have, give Sky a call and say you can get better elsewhere and see what they can do for you. Remember disconnections have the best discounts, but sometimes your bluff will be called so make sure you don't commit to leaving unless you are prepared to leave for the better deal.
Edited by: "CrashOverride" 23rd Nov 2017
DanB898 h, 7 m ago

Start by asking yourself some questions...• Do you need unlimited calls? I …Start by asking yourself some questions...• Do you need unlimited calls? If you (and your family) have a mobile with a generous amount of minutes, why not utilise that and save some cash on the landline?• Do you have fibre? If so, do you need it or will ADSL suffice?• Is your Sky TV package what you need? Could you go for the BT TV Starter pack instead? Could you deal with Freeview? If you want to record, get a Freeview Plus box for a one off cost. If you have Sky satellite TV, will Freesat work for you?If you do need TV and fibre, and you can do your calls on your mobile you can get a standard deal from Virgin for £30/month - £20 activation fee but go via MSE for a £25 gift card to offset it - http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/player-bundle.html....OR if you are happy with what you have, give Sky a call and say you can get better elsewhere and see what they can do for you. Remember disconnections have the best discounts, but sometimes your bluff will be called so make sure you don't commit to leaving unless you are prepared to leave for the better deal.

Thank you for taking the time to give me advice; I really appreciate it. I will come to a conclusion through the questions you have asked and will see what is best.
tomdavidrichards5 h, 7 m ago

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/?_ga=2.112477572.1266199359.1510473164-395848743.1493066187Use this

Thank you for that!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants