Best Budget gaming pc £200-£300

Found 19th Apr 2015
I'm looking for a good PC that can the newest games like 'DayZ, H1Z1,Arma 3, Sims 4, cities Skylines.' I'm not expecting a PC that can run Gta 5 for that price.
Community Updates
AskPCGaming PC
18 Comments
day z and arma 3 are very CPU intensive so building a complete system to run them at decent fps will stretch your budget
Yeah that's not possible, you are looking to spend at least 450
Oh, God!!!
How much are we talking in price.
Nick100

Oh, God!!! How much are we talking in price.

Games are getting so much more CPU demanding (it's a good thing).
Arma 3 is very demanding. I think to build a pretty decent system would cost you £500 unless you can get some second hand deals.
This doesn't include maxing out all games at 1920x1080 at 60FPS but playable
Edited by: "rev6" 19th Apr 2015
if you are into tinkering and over clocking, could build one based on the unlocked pentium, 4gb ram, 750 ti gfx, could probably build it for 350 ish, but this would not be future proof. if you're building it do you have any spare kit laying around? good case, PSU etc
Go with a G3258 for now and save up and when you can sell it on here and buy an i5
DELL 6.0Ghz DUAL CORE WINDOWS 7 DESKTOP GAMING PC TOWER COMPUTER SFF NEW HDMI.
Can this run games well?
Nick100

DELL 6.0Ghz DUAL CORE WINDOWS 7 DESKTOP GAMING PC TOWER COMPUTER SFF NEW … DELL 6.0Ghz DUAL CORE WINDOWS 7 DESKTOP GAMING PC TOWER COMPUTER SFF NEW HDMI. Can this run games well?

No, 6GHz? oO Little false flag!

This is the deal I guess and its no good for gaming: ebay.co.uk/itm…609
Edited by: "joshp" 25th Apr 2015
Are you sure, it's bad for gaming PC?
God no don't go for that for gaming. As Joshp the false advertising for a start should put you off straight away. We use these at work and they can about handle excel and some of our in house software (that's with me upgrading the ram as well). Please don't waste your money on that.

You've had some decent advise here but if you want to play those type of games you really are looking at a lot more money I'm afraid.
Nick100

It's meaningless. Clockspeed is only relevant when comparing CPUs of the same design. A genuine 6Ghz PC would cost more for the cooling system than you were contemplating spending.

Likely it's some dodgy seller on ebay or amazon marketplace trying to claim two 3Ghz cores or four 1.5Ghz cores equals a 6Ghz clockspeed. I wish it did work like that, then I could buy four clocks and have 48 hours in every day.

If it's the one joshp linked to then that's an ancient seven year old CPU with a graphics card that's almost as old and was bottom of the range when it launched. As a gaming machine it... wouldn't.

Your best bet is to buy a £190 machine with a Haswell dual core (Celeron G____, Pentium G____) and then spend the remaining £110 on a new power supply and graphics card. A 260X 2GB and EVGA 430W/500W for example. That would give you entry level performance. That's new component cost, you may be able to save a little with used parts.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 25th Apr 2015
Nick100

I am certain, I have studied IT for 2 years and built many computers including my own.

As other members have pointed out too, that is a terrible PC. The CPU clock speed (6GHz) is false advertising and you really shouldn't be looking at the clock speed with your knowledge as that information does determine how good a CPU is going to be. For playing the games you want, you would want to start your budget around £450+ for a complete build - you could probably save a little and go down to £350 while cutting a few corners however please take into consideration that would involve you partly or fully building the system yourself. It is not difficult to do and takes very little time if you're willing to learn.
Edited by: "joshp" 25th Apr 2015
Ok, thx for the advice. Although is it difficult to build your own gaming PC. Do you have to be experienced or something to build a gaming PC?
Nick100

Ok, thx for the advice. Although is it difficult to build your own gaming … Ok, thx for the advice. Although is it difficult to build your own gaming PC. Do you have to be experienced or something to build a gaming PC?

The most difficult part is the cable management to be honest. I spent most of the time making it look neat inside
You don't need any experience, it's mostly just "plug in this component here". You can use Google if you get stuck.
Hi, guys. I've been wondering if this PC is good for current games like Arma 3 or DayZ or h1z1 or any other game?
freshtechsolutions.co.uk/amd…tml
Nope, too slow and abysmal value for money next to the 260X you could have at that price.
Is there any good PC for that price?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions