Best budget laptop for upcoming university work that will also run Zwift well?

Found 8th AprEdited by:"christiani"
Hey everyone,

I've a bit of an odd request/situation. Unfortunately, my workhorse Fujitsu Lifebook is on its way out (chassis has half snapped around the hinge again, and am tired of the noises fan etc), so want to replace it. The spec of the Lifebook is i7-2630QM, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia GeForce GT 525M.

i need to be able to use it for big standard things like university Microsoft Office type wok, it also do a lot of cycling on Zwift, so need it to be able to run that comfortably, and have a battery that lasts more than a couple of minutes, so that it's usable during lectures if there isn't a PowerPoint to hand.

A link to their recommended settings is below:

support.zwift.com/hc/…rue

I've found Dell refurbished laptops on eBay, at around the £600 mark, with specs like i7 8550U processor, 16GB RAM, dedicated 4GB GPU etc, but am worried that it'll be noisy, given the high spec. I'd also prefer a 15" full-HD screen

Does anyone have any recommendations for the tasks I need it to do? Better to buy a really cheap android type device with a keyboard and another laptop for using with Zwift?

Any any advice would be much-appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants