Found 9th Nov 2016
Hello.

I've had a look on here and the last thread like this is over a year old. So whats the best sub £100 smartphone available at the moment?

Looking to get a cheap smartphone for my dad, who is still using a flip phone! Just want something that can take decent photos and that can use whatsapp, so he can join the family group chat.

I was looking at the Alcatel Pixi 4 from EE for £99 (including Beats headphones), but after reading further reviews, the screen and camera quality are apparently very poor. What are my other options?

Cheers.

Mark

17 Comments

Got this by email from Amazon this morning £79.99....

BLU Life Mark - 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - 16GB +2GB RAM - Grey

Pretty good spec for the money, I always buy chinese/import phones and stay off contract - even if you only have for a year it's worth it
Edited by: "Tommo2" 9th Nov 2016

Wileyfox Swift. Currently £99.99

It is excellent for the money. You will be amazed at the quality for the price.

Wife has one and tbh it is really good.

1186 reviews, 4 star average.

raj75

Smart 6 Ultra is widely recommended in HukD. £89 + £10 t … Smart 6 Ultra is widely recommended in HukD. £89 + £10 topup.https://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku91293

+1 For the SU6. It's well worth the money.​

kiish

I'd usually avoid chinese imports when giving to parents.

I'm curious, why? The operating system would be the same - KitKat/Marshmallow....my parents are both 75 and don't have issue with Android

Edited by: "Tommo2" 9th Nov 2016

Moto G4 Play

djh1975

Moto G4 Play

Is the Moto G4 worth the extra over the play? I've been looking into the Moto G4 and it appears to be a popular phone both here and from reviews.

hotukdeals.com/dea…705 spend £20 more and get this, son has it and it's awesome for the price.

jez794

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/band-20-xiaomi-note-3-5-5-inch-3gb-octacore-fingerprint-4100mah-battery-1-day-sale-2542705 spend £20 more and get this, son has it and it's awesome for the price.

I agree its the best option

Liastro_3109

Is the Moto G4 worth the extra over the play? I've been looking into the … Is the Moto G4 worth the extra over the play? I've been looking into the Moto G4 and it appears to be a popular phone both here and from reviews.

I'm buying my misses the Moto G4 @ £159 for Christmas, probably the best value phone on the market for the price & specification. You've got to have a screw lose to pay over £500 for a mobile.

Original Poster

Thanks guys. Tempted by the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Has anyone got one? are they easy to unlock?

Don't really need a 3gb octacore superphone. He's literally gonna use it for Whatsapp, camera and maybe google maps.

mungylee

Thanks guys. Tempted by the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Has anyone got one? … Thanks guys. Tempted by the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Has anyone got one? are they easy to unlock?Don't really need a 3gb octacore superphone. He's literally gonna use it for Whatsapp, camera and maybe google maps.

​its good and fine for what you want, keep the receipt you might need a warranty claim as a lot have screen issues after a while

the su6 is also octocore, just an fyi

mungylee

Don't really need a 3gb octacore superphone. He's literally gonna use it … Don't really need a 3gb octacore superphone. He's literally gonna use it for Whatsapp, camera and maybe google maps.

LG K4 does also those. It is £29.99 from O2. Unlocks costs £2.59 from eBay
o2.co.uk/sho…ew/

There were other better phones around that price, but they are now out-of-stock.

Moto g4 great phone

mungylee

Don't really need a 3gb octacore superphone. He's literally gonna use it … Don't really need a 3gb octacore superphone. He's literally gonna use it for Whatsapp, camera and maybe google maps.

If your quick, you can get one of this
hotukdeals.com/dea…762
hotukdeals.com/dea…348
hotukdeals.com/dea…581
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on 8" Tablet11
    2. Is gearbest a legit/safe site to use?2131
    3. Looking for Cineworld 2d voucher34
    4. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66