Best butlins?

Posted 1st May
Hi all, were going away June for our daughters 1st birthday with our two older children 7 and 10.

We have been to butlins minehead several
Times and the kids love it but they want to try a different butlins ....

Soooooo is Bognor or Skegness best because I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
My wife and children has been to all 3 and like bognor the best .
Skip Skegness unless you smoke 50 a day - everyone else there does. We went last summer and had a room which stank of smoke due to the woman below who spent the week sat on the patio puffing. It wasn't isolated either - the gullies outside the accommodation were filled with cigarette butts and you had to walk through plumes to get to the attractions. Customer services wouldn't do anything during or after the event, even though I provided them with numerous photos.
Certainly wouldn't go again and wouldn't advise anyone else to.
deleted1080215
Any Butlins is up to a standard. Just be aware of the pitfalls of a holiday camp. Read the reviews on TripAdvisor. Then read the Pontins ones. You will see the sort of thing that can go wrong.
Trip advisor Butlins

Whatever you do, DON'T think about going to Pontins. I know its not one you mentioned, but if like us you think 'traditional, household name, must be good' you'd be wrong.

To advisor Pontins
I’d avoid these holiday camps. Rent a cottage for a week and do your own trips. It’ll be better than staying in a dirty run down holiday camp!
Definitely Bognor. We’ve been to all 3 and it’s the most improved. New pool just opened too
Not been for years but Bognor Regis was our favourite by far.
cmdr_elito4 h, 23 m ago

I’d avoid these holiday camps. Rent a cottage for a week and do your own t …I’d avoid these holiday camps. Rent a cottage for a week and do your own trips. It’ll be better than staying in a dirty run down holiday camp!

Rent a lovely seafront hut in the Maldives for a week and do your own thing, better than staying in some grotty run down cottage.
Just back from an 80's weekender at the Bognor Butlins and I'd recommend it as a venue. Rooms were decent enough and the facilities have clearly had an investment; especially the swimming pool and slides.
Bognor gets my vote
Thanks all.. the only difference for me is it’s 250 for Skegness 348 for Bognor for the same dates we want to go hmmmm
Been to 2 of the Butlins and it's hell so awful in so many ways. Probably just not my cup of tea but I really can't think of anything worse to go to than these.
Go to centre parcs and mix with the upper class , I go centre parcs and haven but centre parcs is perfect, no drunk idiots and everyone shows manners and respect, the pricess keep the muppets away
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions