Expired

Best Car buying deals (buy or pcp or lease)

Found 15th Jun 2013
hi Friends
I was planning to buy a hatchback/small family car. Used cars are very costly these days hence thought of checking new car deals. I'm flexible with any options.
CAn't afford to loose more than 7k in depreciation in 3 years.

Please can u help if you have found any good new car deals? or if you got any good quotes ..
Cheers.

8 Comments

Banned

How have you arrived at £7k

Most cars lose about 50% of their value in 3 years going on your figure spend out about £14k
Do not forget if you are financing try to find a car with 0% finance

(_;)
Edited by: "DEALWARRIOR" 15th Jun 2013

Have you thought about getting a credit card with 0% on purchases and buying a used car from a dealer?

A lot of it depends on what sort of car it is, if you buy a Vauxhall or something along those lines, you will lose a lot more money than something like a BMW / Mini / VW Etc, each to their own though it is a minefield buying clever on payment plans, haggling is the way forward when it comes to dealers, if you purchase well on a standard car loan, you will not lose too much money, Remember they use flat rate percentages when quoting which makes it look more appealing when buying rather than quoting APR, dealers can start on 9% and over flat rate percentage, but the likes of Black Horse / Barclays will easily allow dealers to use down to 4%, so haggle like mad, and don't be afraid to walk away.

Remember though, if you are part ex'ing a car, don't haggle on those prices, haggle on the finance, because that is what will save you the most money, when you are in the office talking finance figures, the finance manager will know you have haggled it right down so will not be able to move on the percentages.

Gives you a budget of about £200 per month on a PCP.

I had one a few years back and was interesting to see.

The car I had was £19,000 new and I had it on a 2 year plan at 190 per month so it cost me about £4500 over the two years.

At the end of the 2 years they offered it to me for £11k, but I declined as they were selling on forecourts for around £9k. If I had purchased I would have in effect lost £10k over 2 years. With the PCP I only 'lost' £4500 - or to reverse it I saved myself £5500!

The PCP also included the road tax so that saved me about £500.

During that time I had to pay for one service which was £99 at the dealers on special offer.

I did spend quite a while looking to find a good deal though.

Original Poster

dimebars

How have you arrived at £7k

Hi Mate,
If I had bought a basic version of Ford Focus at £16k and sold at £9k after 4 years... that's £7k. ( I know i won't get that much, but still an example)

Original Poster

nbuuifx

Gives you a budget of about £200 per month on a PCP.I had one a few years … Gives you a budget of about £200 per month on a PCP.I had one a few years back and was interesting to see.The car I had was £19,000 new and I had it on a 2 year plan at 190 per month so it cost me about £4500 over the two years.At the end of the 2 years they offered it to me for £11k, but I declined as they were selling on forecourts for around £9k. If I had purchased I would have in effect lost £10k over 2 years. With the PCP I only 'lost' £4500 - or to reverse it I saved myself £5500!The PCP also included the road tax so that saved me about £500.During that time I had to pay for one service which was £99 at the dealers on special offer.I did spend quite a while looking to find a good deal though.

can u plz give me details mate.. which car & which dealer etc..?

getknk

can u plz give me details mate.. which car & which dealer etc..?

As I say that was a few years back now, but it was a Vauxhall Astra SRI, it was with Jet Vehicle Finance, but you need to find the best deal now - as they change on a regular basis.

I used contracthireandleasing.com quite a bit for searching, if you're not too fussed on what car you have then you should be able to find a good deal - the deals change on a rapid basis depending on overstock etc. New models can have a big effect on prices of older models as the manufacturers get keen to shift stock etc.

The deal I had worked out at about £2250 / year, the equivilant car now looks to be about £2985 / year.

It's a bit of luck and a bit of constant searching!

It also depends on how many miles you do per year. I've just had a quick look and the best deal to me on an Astra 1.4 Exclusiv 5 door model) was:

£594 deposit, then £164.40/month for 47 months = £8320.80

They have the exact same deal on a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec but the monthly price is £163.10 (so more or less the same!)

Or even a 1.8 SRI Vauxhall Insignia for within a pound a month of that too.

That equals £2124 per year or £6372 for your 3 years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants