Posted 14th Dec 2021
Can someone recommend a company for clean drivers? Cheap and good value in general. Fully comprehensive..thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
29 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Clean....as in....for drivers who shower every day?
  2. Avatar
    Author
    sm969014/12/2021 16:42

Clean....as in....for drivers who shower every day?

HAhahaa. 9 years no claim disscount etc
  3. Avatar
    I just went to multiple comparison website
    Also check directline & aviva...
  4. Avatar
    Just do what everyone else has to do. Put your details in to go compare, compare the market, money supermarket, confused and money saving expert websites. Also Aviva, since they aren't on comparison websites, and I believe direct line too. You can also go through topcashback or quidco for other exclusive deals that give you some cashback. You don't have to try all of them, but in my experience, if you want to get the best price, you should, since the prices seem to differ quite notably on every platform, even from the same insurance providers.

I absolutely hate renewing my car insurance. These comparison sites were supposed to make it easier, but there's so many of them now that you have to set aside an entire day to do it. I spent seven hours trying to renew mine last month, it's an absolute Hellscape.
  5. Avatar
    J_.14/12/2021 16:55

Just do what everyone else has to do. Put your details in to go compare, …Just do what everyone else has to do. Put your details in to go compare, compare the market, money supermarket, confused and money saving expert websites. Also Aviva, since they aren't on comparison websites, and I believe direct line too. You can also go through topcashback or quidco for other exclusive deals that give you some cashback. You don't have to try all of them, but in my experience, if you want to get the best price, you should, since the prices seem to differ quite notably on every platform, even from the same insurance providers.I absolutely hate renewing my car insurance. These comparison sites were supposed to make it easier, but there's so many of them now that you have to set aside an entire day to do it. I spent seven hours trying to renew mine last month, it's an absolute Hellscape.

Same, i hate renewing mine. And every single year it goes up even though i’ve had no claims, its the same car and i’m a year older
  6. Avatar
    galareho14/12/2021 17:10

Same, i hate renewing mine. And every single year it goes up even though …Same, i hate renewing mine. And every single year it goes up even though i’ve had no claims, its the same car and i’m a year older

I've had individual providers give me higher renewal quotes than I was able to get the year before. But I'm usually able to beat last year's quote one way or another. It just takes literally an entire day of painstakingly entering the same details over and over again on innumerable platforms.

There's no easy way to do it, and insurance companies will scum you for more money in any conceivable way that they can get away with. They are a soulless embodiment of impersonal corporate greed with zero regard for anything remotely resembling fairness. Hate the lot of 'em
  7. Avatar
    Just used comparethemarket at the weekend. RAC had the nerve to raise the premium ~£300 to £360. Got a new policy with Aviva with better terms for ~£209
  8. Avatar
    And get quotes 23 days before renewal, according to Martin. (or was it 21?)
  9. Avatar
    They are all scumbags so take your pick. You will need to change every year as they will increase the price to renew.
  10. Avatar
    Sometime new policy is cheaper than renewal so better to check comparison websites.
  11. Avatar
    I switch between aviva and directline…always had the best quotes for me throughout the years compared to other insurers.
  12. Avatar
    Pretty much all advice on here given so far, but for sure one of the best pieces of advice is to do it around 3 weeks in advance. If it's above 3 weeks the price goes up, and same for under 3 weeks (though it doesn't get too much more until around less than 1 week to go).

It may also be worth finding who is the cheapest out of any you do, and running a quote directly through their site. Sometimes comes out a bit cheaper from experience, but even if it doesn't you can just use the comparison site quote afterwards. I would only do that right before purchasing though, as you really could spend all day doing that for every provider - I'd only pick 1 to do that with unless you really have too much time.
  13. Avatar
    Author
    Churchill has beaten pretty much all insurers out there every year on my renewal which is very surprising. I've checked all comparing site and individual companies. Still the best is Churchill...
  14. Avatar
    I’m with Axa for both my cars, been brilliant when I had an accident. Sorted everything out super quick and no hassle at all
  15. Avatar
    tcf14/12/2021 17:43

And get quotes 23 days before renewal, according to Martin. (or was it 21?)

Insurance companies are letting you believe that.
  16. Avatar
    If you're wondering why a particular insurance company is so cheap you'll find out when you have to make a claim. Concentrate on how good a company is, not how cheap it is
  17. Avatar
    Author
    cis_groupie14/12/2021 21:52

If you're wondering why a particular insurance company is so cheap you'll …If you're wondering why a particular insurance company is so cheap you'll find out when you have to make a claim. Concentrate on how good a company is, not how cheap it is

WHat are good insurance companies? Churchill seem to be good according to what they offer
  18. Avatar
    J_.14/12/2021 16:55

Just do what everyone else has to do. Put your details in to go compare, …Just do what everyone else has to do. Put your details in to go compare, compare the market, money supermarket, confused and money saving expert websites. Also Aviva, since they aren't on comparison websites, and I believe direct line too. You can also go through topcashback or quidco for other exclusive deals that give you some cashback. You don't have to try all of them, but in my experience, if you want to get the best price, you should, since the prices seem to differ quite notably on every platform, even from the same insurance providers.I absolutely hate renewing my car insurance. These comparison sites were supposed to make it easier, but there's so many of them now that you have to set aside an entire day to do it. I spent seven hours trying to renew mine last month, it's an absolute Hellscape.

7 hours to save how much? (sorry)

Im with AA, I've also looked at qutoes for RAC with per mile insurance, Sainsburys with nectar points
    In the end AA offered me a lower price that previous so I stuck with them
    Edited by: "emoji47" 14th Dec 2021
  19. Avatar
    Bear in mind the whole car insurance market changes in (I think) January when they have to start charging the same to new and existing customers - prices are due to go up fairly steeply for new customers (who will no longer get a discount to entice them to switch) but should go down for renewals.
  20. Avatar
    Author
    razo14/12/2021 22:57

Bear in mind the whole car insurance market changes in (I think) January …Bear in mind the whole car insurance market changes in (I think) January when they have to start charging the same to new and existing customers - prices are due to go up fairly steeply for new customers (who will no longer get a discount to entice them to switch) but should go down for renewals.

OH really? Do you have a link of this peace of news?
  21. Avatar
    emoji4714/12/2021 22:56

7 hours to save how much? (sorry)Im with AA, I've also looked at …7 hours to save how much? (sorry)Im with AA, I've also looked at qutoes for RAC with per mile insurance, Sainsburys with nectar pointsIn the end AA offered me a lower price that previous so I stuck with them

About £80 in the end. Compared to my renewal quote anyway. More comprehensive cover too, breakdown and legal etc. I could have saved a bit less and taken one of the first quotes I found, but I'm obsessive about paying as little as possible, probably sometimes to my detriment.
  22. Avatar
    Author
    J_.14/12/2021 23:35

About £80 in the end. Compared to my renewal quote anyway. More …About £80 in the end. Compared to my renewal quote anyway. More comprehensive cover too, breakdown and legal etc. I could have saved a bit less and taken one of the first quotes I found, but I'm obsessive about paying as little as possible, probably sometimes to my detriment.

THe opposited happened to me. I could not find a cheaper company than my renewal or better conditions. For years now... After hours and hours. That is Churchill and I am not sure how they deal with things because I didn't have to use them and I hope it stays that way!
  23. Avatar
    One Call Insurance if they're competitive.
    I think you find out how good a company is when it changes from simply giving them your money every month (which lets face it they're all pretty fantastic at that part!) to actually needing them in a claim.
    I managed to go 20 years without a claim to ending up having two in the space of 12 months a few years ago, one fault one non fault, and they were great dealing with both claims. My car only had minor damage and was driveable for both, but they were straight out with a trailer to take mine in for repair, curteousy car, and returned to me 10 days or so later.
  24. Avatar
    I am with Goskippy. By miles are also decent if you don't drive much.
  25. Avatar
    With Hastings currently. Price has gone down every year since the dawn of time as I've switched every year, used all the comparison sites and a few who don't advertise on them.
  26. Avatar
    Ivandelsur14/12/2021 22:17

WHat are good insurance companies? Churchill seem to be good according to …WHat are good insurance companies? Churchill seem to be good according to what they offer

From personal experience - AXA, LV, & Esure. I've never used Churchill so I can't comment on them.
  27. Avatar
    Last year my churchil renew quote was 540 exactly as year before i tried every comparison site but no one could offer under 600.
    So its full com, all bells n whistles bla bla recocery
    Max no claims bonus & one of uk most expensive postcode for insurance for my 520
  28. Avatar
    Author
    happyB17/12/2021 02:41

Last year my churchil renew quote was 540 exactly as year before i tried …Last year my churchil renew quote was 540 exactly as year before i tried every comparison site but no one could offer under 600.So its full com, all bells n whistles bla bla recoceryMax no claims bonus & one of uk most expensive postcode for insurance for my 520

Same. Not one could beat Churchill and they seem to be offer lots compare to other insurances.
Post a comment
Top Merchants