Groups

Best Championship Manager?

Just wondering - thinking of playing one of my older copies as really can't get into FM 2008 or 2009 - too fiddly and indepth for my liking.

Thinking of 99/00 or 00/01 - is there anywhere online you can get updates for these (squads) and can you change pictures etc?

Cheers!

12 Comments

no idea. lol. but ive been playing fm 2008 most of the night, whilst refreshing pages on here. I've heard the new one isint so good.

Original Poster

FM 2008 & 9 also don't work well on my work laptop :oops:

It's impressive how much detail you can go into etc - but I don't have the time that I used to when I was at University and can no longer afford to stay up to 3/4am fine tuning everything!

Seem to remember some dude called Kennedy Bakir**** being god on the earlier versions!

Banned

Dunno his name but the bloke in charge of sunderland ......

I agree! The fun factor is majorly missing from the FM series these days. It takes aeons to get through a season and it just feels like things are complicated for the sake of being complicated.

CM 97/98 is probably my favourite version. It concentrates on the fun parts of the game. Finding and signing players is simple and tactical switches are easy. Who cares that you can't talk to the press or set training routines!! Plus you can play a full season in a reasonable amount of time. Amazingly, it appears as though you can get a 2008 update from a very dedicated chap here: ]http//cm…htm

Not tried it myself yet, but i'll have to give it a go!

AberBargoed;4245656

FM 2008 & 9 also don't work well on my work laptop :oops:It's impressive … FM 2008 & 9 also don't work well on my work laptop :oops:It's impressive how much detail you can go into etc - but I don't have the time that I used to when I was at University and can no longer afford to stay up to 3/4am fine tuning everything!Seem to remember some dude called Kennedy Bakir**** being god on the earlier versions!

lol, it was Kennedy Bakircioglü and you used to be able to buy him for like 250k from Hammarby IF in Sweden and turned out to be amazing!!
    I was reminded of this player when playing FM09 as he signed for someone like West Brom, i looked at his profile and it even had a picture of him!! It was funny to put a face to someone who no doubt every hardcore champ man player bought on that season of the game at one time or another!! Awesome game, many an hour has been wasted playing it :thumbsup: !!

http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/ced955766527e39e3ee8f68a8f6582026992/kennedy+bakircioglu

I've loved footy manager games since back in the days of the Spectrum. I'm now 27 and haven't played any in quite some years and when FM 2008 came out and my boyfriend was living with me and I saw him playing it... I *HAD* to get in on it again.

However I do find it really difficult as I'm a girl. A girl in a I realllly don't understand football kinda way. Though I do know the offside rule! I just don't understand positions like wingers, right backs etc. I'm a basic kinda person. Think back to the Spectrum with its "midfielder" "goalkeeper" "defender" "attacker" only positions!

Maybe I should try an earlier version of FM (though I have the hell that is VISTA!!!). Or do as my boyfriend tells me and stop going "sh***y Caley Thistle and play a good team" :w00t:

01-02 but now FMLIVE

http://www.epltalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/football-manager.jpg

Original Poster

Cantona_7;4246181

lol, it was Kennedy Bakircioglü and you used to be able to buy him for … lol, it was Kennedy Bakircioglü and you used to be able to buy him for like 250k from Hammarby IF in Sweden and turned out to be amazing!! I was reminded of this player when playing FM09 as he signed for someone like West Brom, i looked at his profile and it even had a picture of him!! It was funny to put a face to someone who no doubt every hardcore champ man player bought on that season of the game at one time or another!! Awesome game, many an hour has been wasted playing it :thumbsup: !!

Haha thats the guy! I always used to sign him and a lethal left winger called Sharbel Touma.

Hmmm- tempted to play now but really should go to bed!

WeeWifie;4246399

I've loved footy manager games since back in the days of the Spectrum. … I've loved footy manager games since back in the days of the Spectrum. I'm now 27 and haven't played any in quite some years and when FM 2008 came out and my boyfriend was living with me and I saw him playing it... I *HAD* to get in on it again.However I do find it really difficult as I'm a girl. A girl in a I realllly don't understand football kinda way. Though I do know the offside rule! I just don't understand positions like wingers, right backs etc. I'm a basic kinda person. Think back to the Spectrum with its "midfielder" "goalkeeper" "defender" "attacker" only positions!Maybe I should try an earlier version of FM (though I have the hell that is VISTA!!!). Or do as my boyfriend tells me and stop going "sh***y Caley Thistle and play a good team" :w00t:

If you ever end up single get in touch :lol:

Playing FM usually resulted in nothing but complaints!

danzig66;4246114

I agree! The fun factor is majorly missing from the FM series these … I agree! The fun factor is majorly missing from the FM series these days. It takes aeons to get through a season and it just feels like things are complicated for the sake of being complicated. CM 97/98 is probably my favourite version. It concentrates on the fun parts of the game. Finding and signing players is simple and tactical switches are easy. Who cares that you can't talk to the press or set training routines!! Plus you can play a full season in a reasonable amount of time. Amazingly, it appears as though you can get a 2008 update from a very dedicated chap here: ]http://cm-unity.com/downloads.htmNot tried it myself yet, but i'll have to give it a go!

Ah that's the one version I don't own! But you are spot on with the fun factor - I seem to remember easily getting a team from league 2 to the premiership within a week or moderate playing time.

99/00 it is :-D

My other half and I even have a double manager game on the go on FM 2008. He HATES when I talk about it.... probably coz I do it in bed... we'll be lying there about to go to sleep and I'll start asking him things about tactics or telling him about my recent signings... :oops:

He should be PLEASED! :w00t:

I just checked out Kennedy Bakircioglü currently in my FM game he is worth 2.9 mil, playing for Ajax 2, and earning £15,500 a week... damn no chance of getting him signed to Caley thanks for nothing! ;-):p

You can download Championship Manager 01/02 for free from the Championship Manager website if you register, and there are instructions to get up to date players and stats added too.

championshipmanager.co.uk/

I like CM02/03 on the xbox, its a great game but wont work on the 360
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764142
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2748
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917255
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846146

See more discussions