Found 26th Dec 2016
Merry Xmas all! It's come to that time when I'm fed up of my crappy iphone and want to switch back to android. In the past I've had some classic cheap android legends such as the orange san diego and the first moto g. I've heard good things about something called a wileyfox which sounds promising but I'm open to suggestions. Requirements are as follows:

- Must be around £100

- Needs to have excellent battery life (my number one reason for switching)

- Reasonably powerful and is gonna last me at least a couple of years in terms of spec

I'm sure you won't disappoint.

Many thanks in advance

19 Comments

Banned

Nothing will last a couple years spec wise in today's market.

Original Poster

Really?! My 5s still works fine but needs to be charged at least twice a day for my usage

MrScotchBonnet

Nothing will last a couple years spec wise in today's market.

Well it will really. If it does a job for you now, it still will in 2 years as long as it still works.

Banned

What I mean is, nothing will be able to match the spec of a phone 2 years from now.

Original Poster

OK well you have been super useful so thank you for that.

MrScotchBonnet

What I mean is, nothing will be able to match the spec of a phone 2 years … What I mean is, nothing will be able to match the spec of a phone 2 years from now.

Banned

Cluffy321

OK well you have been super useful so thank you for that.

That's what I thought you were asking.

deeky

Well it will really. If it does a job for you now, it still will in 2 … Well it will really. If it does a job for you now, it still will in 2 years as long as it still works.

Yeah, that's right. But the same can be said about any consumer technology. Just because they bring out bigger/faster/better it doesn't automatically make your present tech obsolete.

Banned

deeky

Yeah, that's right. But the same can be said about any consumer … Yeah, that's right. But the same can be said about any consumer technology. Just because they bring out bigger/faster/better it doesn't automatically make your present tech obsolete.

Quoted yourself there Deeky. Easy on the tipple.

MrScotchBonnet

Quoted yourself there Deeky. Easy on the tipple.

I was talking to myself - I'm the only one who takes any notice X)

Got myself a Timmy M20 pro from Amazon. Not a bad phone for 60 bucks. Camera is ok!

deeky

You could do much worse than this It's easily unlockable for a couple of … You could do much worse than this It's easily unlockable for a couple of quid.

I'd second that

Edit, but can't comment on battery life or Deeky's

deeky

You could do much worse than this It's easily unlockable for a couple of … You could do much worse than this It's easily unlockable for a couple of quid.

It also boasts longer-lasting battery which charges in half the time

Tbh, for a tenner you can buy a small, light powerbank which eliminates less than great battery life anyway.

Check out most windows based phones you get some good deals for around the £100 price range I used to have a htc running Windows. The operating system was quick easy to use and the battery life was great.

deeky

If you can stretch a bit above the £100 mark (~£130), there seems to be a LOT of love for the Huawei P9 Lite - check out the deals here.

I'm very happy with my Doogee X5 Pro which I bought from a UK seller on eBay for £55. There's also an X5 Pro Max with a higher capacity battery, plus it's already on Android 6.0 (X5 Pro is due Android 6.0 at some point). Both models have removable batteries, so you can always buy a second battery if you are a really heavy user. Specs/features are more than passable for the price.

Can't go wrong with any of the Moto g4 phones at that price, although I did buy an Alcatel Idol4 this year and was astounded by the build quality, spec and price!

I think I remember the moto g4 play has very good battery life, worth a little research. You can also pick up the g3 which had a better spec though battery life a bit more middling for under £100 if you look around

Original Poster

Thanks all for suggestions!

Very happy with my Moto 3rd gen which replaced my Nexus 4 earlier this year.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?48
    2. Best/cheapest music service33
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?36
    4. Android pay set up614

See more discussions