Groups
    EXPIRED

Best cheap, light, long battery life laptop.

I'd like to get a cheap (important), light (possibly small) Windows laptop with a very good battery life 8+ hours pref but i'd consider 6+ (main thing)
    Doesn't have to be a powerhouse, celeron would do, I just need it with decent wifi or ethernet port so that I can work away from my office, All Day if at all possible, without the need to charge all the time.
    I'm not precious about brand, nor about any other features such as webcam, sd card reader or even DVD/CD rom drive.
    Doesn't need amazing graphics, but needs enough memory to run Windows and Citrix Client using a Java Virtual machine.
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

2 Comments

my acer has a great battery, 6 hours, and also has a standby time of 8 days, look into it, some hp laptops.. you can buy a bottom cradle which gives it an additional battery,

thing is, most batteries are ok, consumers like you and me tend not to look after our batteries, most users would happily have the power cable connected to the laptop, all day, everyday, its a battery killing method, (some laptops do cut off at 100%) when your laptop is 80-90% charged remove your power cable, and once it gets to 20-10% then plug it back it, if you plan to use your laptop all day, and power is reliable (no powercuts) then just remove the battery until your done, doing things like this will keep your battery in better nick, in my opinion anyway others may have a different outlook.
    Edited by: "shaksy" 16th Dec 2014

Original Poster

shaksy

my acer has a great battery, 6 hours, and also has a standby time of 8 … my acer has a great battery, 6 hours, and also has a standby time of 8 days, look into it, some hp laptops.. you can buy a bottom cradle which gives it an additional battery, thing is, most batteries are ok, consumers like you and me tend not to look after our batteries, most users would happily have the power cable connected to the laptop, all day, everyday, its a battery killing method, (some laptops do cut off at 100%) when your laptop is 80-90% charged remove your power cable, and once it gets to 20-10% then plug it back it, if you plan to use your laptop all day, and power is reliable (no powercuts) then just remove the battery until your done, doing things like this will keep your battery in better nick, in my opinion anyway others may have a different outlook.

Thanks for the reply. Have you got a mdoel number for your Acer?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are the free antivirus any good?22
      2. Currys Return11
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?78
      4. Looking for an iPhone deal22

See more discussions