Best cheap temporary phone with resell value

Posted 26th Feb
I need to send off my phone for repair so need a temporary phone for 3 weeks.
Ideally I'd borrow one/use an old one but no one seems to have any at the moment and I annoyingly had a clear out / traded in a few at CEX before xmas.

So what would be the best cheap/used phone to buy that I can sell on when I'm done with it without losing too much in the process.
Ideally it should be fairly usable in the meantime. i.e smartphone - preferably android.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Gumbon26/02/2020 16:16

suprised your not being slayed, people on here are such kill joys, I say …suprised your not being slayed, people on here are such kill joys, I say take what you can get from corporations

Well done, your parents taught you well in the morals department. The corporations only pass the cost on to the consumer so everyone loses..
Buy a phone from the Amazon warehouse.

Return it for some made up reason after 3 weeks.
14 Comments
Buy a phone from the Amazon warehouse.

Return it for some made up reason after 3 weeks.
Buy any phone from amazon and return before 30 days
Edited by: "Love__Bargains" 26th Feb
iPhone best at keeping value for resale... not which phone is better before the fan bois get involved..

I know there not cheap.
Bargainhead26/02/2020 15:53

iPhone best at keeping value for resale... not which phone is better …iPhone best at keeping value for resale... not which phone is better before the fan bois get involved..I know there not cheap.

Inclined to agree in regards to resale value. iPhone SE available pretty cheap and will probably sell easily etc.

Inventing a fault isn't really fair on Amazon, You also risk them banning your account if you make too many returns etc..
Edited by: ".MUFC." 26th Feb
Any phone can be good value if you buy at a good price.
A cheaper phone reduces the maximum loss potential.
emodan26/02/2020 15:41

Buy a phone from the Amazon warehouse.Return it for some made up reason …Buy a phone from the Amazon warehouse.Return it for some made up reason after 3 weeks.

suprised your not being slayed, people on here are such kill joys, I say take what you can get from corporations
Buy something like this click. It will come tomorrow if you buy it today.

Then in 3 weeks time sell it on ebay for £75 using their £1 FVF offer click.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 26th Feb
Gumbon26/02/2020 16:16

suprised your not being slayed, people on here are such kill joys, I say …suprised your not being slayed, people on here are such kill joys, I say take what you can get from corporations

Well done, your parents taught you well in the morals department. The corporations only pass the cost on to the consumer so everyone loses..
I agree with the above but probably not best to pick Amazon depending on how often you return.
There's plenty of basic, used smartphones on ebay for £15 to £20 BIN, you'd lose a lot more than that on any new phone if you sold it after 3 weeks.
iPhone se
Xiaomi keep there value very well on ebay, especially if you get a deal
Thanks everyone. I'll take a look at these phones and suggestions. Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants