Best cheap wireless router?

Posted 5th May
Looking for a decent cheap router (below £35) to put onto the end of an airband connection, so doesn't require a modem. Anyone got any recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Take a look at Tenda AC7 , gives me a good signal around the house . We have a 2 storey extension , so wifi has to go through the original outer double wall.
Also interested in this, looking for a wireless router that'll support my full 380 meg from Virgin. I only get 120 on wireless, with lots of drop outs, even in the same room as the router.
Danze198405/05/2020 09:51

Also interested in this, looking for a wireless router that'll support my …Also interested in this, looking for a wireless router that'll support my full 380 meg from Virgin. I only get 120 on wireless, with lots of drop outs, even in the same room as the router.

Tenda do lots of different spec.routers - tendacn.com/en/…tml
I have noticed that they are not as easy to get hold of as before the lock down and prices have gone up but they are still really good value. Wifi is never as good as wired for speed and will still vary from room to room. You'll need an AC1200 ( Max 300Mbps on 2.4Ghz, 867Mbps on 5Ghz) router minimum.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 5th May
Danze198405/05/2020 09:51

Also interested in this, looking for a wireless router that'll support my …Also interested in this, looking for a wireless router that'll support my full 380 meg from Virgin. I only get 120 on wireless, with lots of drop outs, even in the same room as the router.

It could possibly be down to the network card in the device you’re using as well. I have a dedicated NIC in my pc and it has no problem utilising the full 500mb from a few rooms away from the standard virgin router.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions