Best, cheapest and quickest way to fill holes in concrete floor?

8 replies
Found 25th Jun 2009
Got my old cupboards taken away to make more room, but the concrete floor underneath is full of big crumbley holes!!!

Was just about to buy some Lino for the floor but think i may have to buy some sort of filler to even up the holes.

Anyone tell me what to do or buy? I'm not very good at DIY!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Get a concrete mix from B&Q. Easy to do.

Original Poster

how do i do it then?

as long as the holes are only those left by fixings you should get away with a floor screed, lino (but i expect you mean vinyl) requires a flat floor and rough concrete is not the way to go. If you have a friendly plasterer he will skim it cheaply or floor layer.
Big holes will need a heavy duty type filler or concrete but be sure to keep it below the surface level to allow a finishing screed to hide it..:thumbsup:

makershaker;5590640

how do i do it then?

Just follow the instructions on the pack. All you need is water and a trowel.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5590663

Just follow the instructions on the pack. All you need is water and a … Just follow the instructions on the pack. All you need is water and a trowel.

So i just open, poor it in, then smooth it over?

makershaker;5590677

So i just open, poor it in, then smooth it over?

Mix it in a bucket and trowel it in.

Get rid of any dust first, then mix some woodglue and water to make a milky white liquid (this does not have to be very thick) brush on and wait for it to dry - this will then form a good key for your concrete.

Depending on how "crumbly" the holes are, you might need to break out a bit around them to get back to good concrete first.....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading68
    2. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    3. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11

See more discussions