Best / cheapest courier service?

9 replies
Found 27th Feb 2008
Hi guys - the pay=per-drop courier I used on eBay seems to have disappeared and another on there now for £5.99 (ID = deal5-direct) doesn't answer emails so I don't feel they are trustworthy. Can anyone recommend another one of these up to 30kg servives for this kind of price? Many thanks (I still need to get my golf clubs from sparkygeezer who is being very patient!)

1. Misc
  2. Courier
9 Comments

I also mourn payperdrop.... I deal on ebay and I cant find much, I now use parcel2go parcel2go.com/
they start at £6.19 BUT you have VAT on top so it goes up to over £7 for a 2-4 day service.via DHL -I have been using them for 2 months and all seems ok, I do have to say they send you emails up the wazoo on the progress of your order as well (ie order accepted by dhl, then that dhl have collected etc)
Good luck I will be watching this space myself....

Original Poster

Thanks nixxx38 - we can both hope for some more replies then! I'll take a look at parcel2go as well...

Hi I use either home-textiles £5,99 or couriersdirect £6,99 both use DHL.
Regards
Michelle
DYSONSTUFF

I've always used [url]www.p4d.co.uk/[/url] using code yorkie for a 5% discount - never let me down. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks MICHELLE0205 and saintscouple - rep being left for all three of you now. You've saved me some time and effort. One of these will be used!

I tried home textiles and had a REAL problem, they didnt put ,my order through, the order was time limited I tried to contact for 2 days no reply, so I had to use another agent, THEY THEN PUT THE ORDER through, they just wouldnt accept that they had a obligation to at least reply to my emails. so I eventually took out a paypal dispute and lost, as they could prove they had orderedd it TWO DAYS LATE!!.
Anyway I am a power seller on Ebay and wouldnt touch home textiles with a bargepole

be careful about some of these, a lot of the time the actual price DOESNT INCLUDE vat until RIGHT at the end, lol trust someone who's got caught lol

Original Poster

nixxx38;1638469

I tried home textiles and had a REAL problem, they didnt put ,my order … I tried home textiles and had a REAL problem, they didnt put ,my order through, the order was time limited I tried to contact for 2 days no reply, so I had to use another agent, THEY THEN PUT THE ORDER through, they just wouldnt accept that they had a obligation to at least reply to my emails. so I eventually took out a paypal dispute and lost, as they could prove they had orderedd it TWO DAYS LATE!!.Anyway I am a power seller on Ebay and wouldnt touch home textiles with a bargepole

thanks for that nixxx38 - I've had simlar probs with an outfit who've now stopped selling so good to know it's best to avoid this one. Thanks again.

I have had very little problems with either of them, the only problem I have ever had is due to the cut of time my branch excepts bookings, as not all drivers take on additional colections. I send at least 2 parcels a day and home-textiles have always responded to my emails and re booked if needed.
Regards
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tesco Mobile, sims11
    2. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset22
    3. Android TV box help?43
    4. good place to buy stocks11

See more discussions