Groups

Best / cheapest way to have glasses reglazed (Aberdeen)

Hi folks,

Just broke the lens of my Rayban prescription glasses and thus need to have them reglazed. Now, I have following options so will appreciate some advice.

- On one side , Id like to have these ready as soon as possible though at a reasonable price. I do have a backup one to use for now but its a totally different shape / style so dont want to wear these for a long time. Any recommendations for a quick turn around? But not too crazily priced please. How quick would one actually be?

- On the other hand, if I can find an extremely reliable and cost effective option then I could perhaps wait for a bit longer to have my glasses ready. Perhaps a well known online website? I dont have much info on those.

Im im Aberdeen which may help you advise.

Thanks in advance!

8 Comments

Spec savers will charge £19.50 for one standard lens with no coatings. An extra £15 for the anti reflective coating. So £34.50 for one new lens. If they have the lens in stock, 1 hour should do it. If not, a few days.
    Edited by: "ctina90x" 22nd Dec 2016

Asda charge £70 to reglaze, regardless of lens type (varifocal or single vision), includes coatings, always best to replace both lenses if not going back to original supplier of lenses. All you need is a current prescription. Turnaround anything from 7 to 14 days, bearing in mind bank holidays.
    Edited by: "paulathompson" 22nd Dec 2016

ctina90x

Spec savers will charge £19.50 for one standard lens with no coatings. An … Spec savers will charge £19.50 for one standard lens with no coatings. An extra £15 for the anti reflective coating. So £34.50 for one new lens

It was either Boots or Specsavers but.... they won't touch Raybans after they sell them. I tried to get my lens updated at their store and they said, as they were designer, they wouldn't.
    Edited by: "Firefly1" 22nd Dec 2016

Original Poster

Firefly1

It was either Boots or Specsavers but.... they won't touch Raybans after … It was either Boots or Specsavers but.... they won't touch Raybans after they sell them. I tried to get my lens updated at their store and they said, as they were designer, they wouldn't.

Wow, £35 for a 1 hr turnaround (based on availability) sounds really good. Please note that my Rayban isn't prescription sunglasses but just standard rimless glasses. Not too sure if they'd refuse to reglaze those too but will check in the morning.

Wasu

Wow, £35 for a 1 hr turnaround (based on availability) sounds really … Wow, £35 for a 1 hr turnaround (based on availability) sounds really good. Please note that my Rayban isn't prescription sunglasses but just standard rimless glasses. Not too sure if they'd refuse to reglaze those too but will check in the morning.

Oh ok Mine were prescription sunglasses, so may certainly be different!

Glassesdirect are great. Bought my latest ray bans prescription glasses off them. 100% no quibbles returns too! Speky4eyes are good too

there was a deal for 2 pairs of subscription glasses for £15 buts it's expired now
    moneysavingexpert.com/dea…=16
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC44
      2. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1015
      3. BT deal56
      4. Gaming Monitor22

See more discussions