best chinese mobile?

Found 5th Sep 2015
Hi ,
appreciate a bit of advice.
Looking at buying a chinese smartphone but am overwhelmed by what is on offer.
I have a Tesco 4g sim and i believe i need a phone with 900/1800 ghz band?
I was going to just upgrade to the Moto 4g (3rd gen) but it only has 8GB which i have found limiting.

Anyone suggest one?
Ive been drawn to the Redmi Note 2 and the ElephoneP8000 but AFAIK neither support O2/Tesco 4G
Community Updates
AskMobilesMobile Phone
19 Comments
Apple
THL....... One plus, oppo........ No one else...... Trust me. Tried umi and loads more..... Utter crap. Better of with a Moto E 4G.
m2 note UK version 140 amazon
I had a Leagoo Lead 1 recently, excellent phone, may look at purchasing the Elite 5 that's just come out from them, was really impressed..
Ive been running my ZTE blade s6 for around 9months now very happy, looks like an iphone, good cameras and battery cant complain
Thanks
Still confused over the 4G issue.
I am presuming any phone will work on Tesco/O2 and will be able to use data just not in 4G?
I am tending toward the Redmi Note 2 , anyone have it or opinions?
I bought a s3 clone and it failed after 2 weeks, luckily Amazon gave me a refund.
Advice like this is good , im not after clones , i am veering toward Redmi as i have the MIband and the build quality is excellent , also a major company
steviep23

Thanks Still confused over the 4G issue.I am presuming any phone will … Thanks Still confused over the 4G issue.I am presuming any phone will work on Tesco/O2 and will be able to use data just not in 4G?I am tending toward the Redmi Note 2 , anyone have it or opinions?

amazon.co.uk/ZTE…+s6

is the ZTE blade S6. its pricey but you get what you pay for. As i say i get a day and half without charge. good cameras runs youtube showbox modbro etc. really well. online banking etc. not an issue. its paired to my ps4 and its 4G giving me fast browsing.

As for ZTE they are a massive market in the US. The ZTE operates android which a look of an iphone 6. it terms of processing it is on par with an S5 using an octocore with snapdragon
steviep23

Advice like this is good , im not after clones , i am veering toward … Advice like this is good , im not after clones , i am veering toward Redmi as i have the MIband and the build quality is excellent , also a major company

Redmi and Xiaomi are good phones for the money IMO.
steviep23

Thanks Still confused over the 4G issue.I am presuming any phone will … Thanks Still confused over the 4G issue.I am presuming any phone will work on Tesco/O2 and will be able to use data just not in 4G?I am tending toward the Redmi Note 2 , anyone have it or opinions?

The site I'm using to (quickly) check compatibility is willmyphonework.net/ Put in your phone and network and it tells you what will work. So for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, it will support 3G, but not 4G

The other link I'd look at is 4g.co.uk/4g-…ks/ which will tell you the band which you can check against the spec of the phone you buy. Some of the phone have a number of variants, so this stage is worth doing against the bands stated on the page you are thinking of buying from.
Thats a great website for compatibility.
Had a look at the ZTE , so another one to add to the mix
Don't

The prices look good for a reason.

They are straight garbage.
Have the Elephone P7000 as fav now, good reviews and O2 4G
steviep23

Have the Elephone P7000 as fav now, good reviews and O2 4G

Nearly went for this one myself, but be a bit careful about which pocket you keep it in, a couple of reviews note it's bendyness.

If you do go for it. The dark grey one was available in Gearbests european warehouse for £130 rather than the £150 you can get it for everywhere else...

gizchina.com/201…ew/

I'm in no rush for a phone, so am thinking of the Doogee F5 at the mo...
benjammin316

Don'tThe prices look good for a reason.They are straight garbage.

Honest question, what is this based on?
Grrrr , that maybe knocks it out then as i work in construction so need something that doesnt bend
Ill look into the Doogee so and may as well add another to the mix , complicated these CHinese phones!
steviep23

Grrrr , that maybe knocks it out then as i work in construction so need … Grrrr , that maybe knocks it out then as i work in construction so need something that doesnt bend :)Ill look into the Doogee so and may as well add another to the mix , complicated these CHinese phones!

Scare stories aside (pre-installed malware, shoddy quality etc.) the chinese phones all seem to compromise on something. I really liked the P7000 (looks, specs, price and reviews), but the bending seemed a risk to far.

The doogee is pre-release so no reviews at all yet...
im back with the Redmi note 2 , will await some reviews
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants