Found 5th Dec 2016
Always a ton of Christmas films in December to get us into the Christmas spirit, what's your favourite?

My favourite film (easy choice) - Die Hard!

Honourable mentions - Jingle All the Way, Deck the Halls (6% on Rotten Tomatoes haha!), Home Alone, and (although not really a Christmas film but shown on Christmas/New Year period every year) Sound of Music.

53 Comments

I don't know favourite ever, but I always have a tendency to watch Batman Returns over the Xmas. Best Batman movie ever imo - and Xmas movie to boot.

Die Hard,Gremlins and Elf for me.

elf, uncle buck, planes trains an automobiles, jack frost, the grinck, nightmare before xmas, polar express, arther xmas.
yeah we're big xmas fans.

hass123

Honourable mentions - Jingle All the Way, Deck the Halls (6% on Rotten … Honourable mentions - Jingle All the Way, Deck the Halls (6% on Rotten Tomatoes haha!), Home Alone, and (although not really a Christmas film but shown on Christmas/New Year period every year) Sound of Music.

I'll better your 6% - Christmas with the Kranks @ 5%! Always gets me in the mood for Christmas. Home Alone movies are always great and Krampus is a new fave.

Home Alone 1&2 followed by uncle Buck

Original Poster

Oh Gremlins, love that film

Silly question.

It's a wonderful life, obviously.

willhay555

Silly question.It's a wonderful life, obviously.

Truly a great movie to watch.
https://resizing.flixster.com/C1J61Eke9lGqDUnb28N8LnAHSvM=/206x305/v1.bTsxMTE3MzM3MTtqOzE3MjI5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

Original Poster

philphil61

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/favourite-christmas-film-2564368

Except this is gauging people's best christmas film 'ever'!

I actually enjoyed Deck the Halls..... maybe says more about me than the film???

hass123

Except this is gauging people's best christmas film 'ever'!

semantics

I wonder if anyone on here other than the OP will give a different answer between their "Best Christmas Film Ever" and their "Favourite Christmas Film"

It will be asked another 10 times before Christmas anyway so you might as well just go with it!

....and its still Die Hard!

Original Poster

frakison

I actually enjoyed Deck the Halls..... maybe says more about me than the … I actually enjoyed Deck the Halls..... maybe says more about me than the film???

4.9/10 imdb, 28% metacritic, 6% rotten tomatoes."Critic consensus on RT - 'Relying on flat humor and a preposterous plot, Deck the Halls is an unnecessarily mean-spirited holiday movie that does little to put viewers in a holiday mood." . Yet I think the film is great lol

Original Poster

philphil61

semanticsI wonder if anyone on here other than the OP will give a … semanticsI wonder if anyone on here other than the OP will give a different answer between their "Best Christmas Film Ever" and their "Favourite Christmas Film"

Are you related or friends with rollzy?

The Grinch.

hass123

Are you related or friends with rollzy?

Just like flight UAL949
You've gone straight over the top of my head

National lampoons christmas vacation, and all the classic christmas specials, steptoe and son, rising damp, one foot in the grave and the royal family etc....

Rocky 4.

Die hard and Home alone 1 for me !

E.T.

Original Poster

THERE'S A FLAMEDEER IN HERE!!!

hass123

THERE'S A FLAMEDEER IN HERE!!!

I've never heard of that film, who was in it?

Same as last year, Die Hard.

national lampoons christmas vacation does it for me

Santa Claus the movie with Dudley Moore

Mine is a made for tv movie - Christmas Lights with Robson Green & Mark Benton. Every year I end up scrutinising tv listings to find when it's on but can't find it this year

Original Poster

Anyone want to trade an abominable for a gingerbread?

Jingle All the Way is my favorite, watch it every christmas!

Original Poster

tince666

Jingle All the Way is my favorite, watch it every christmas!

I wish I had TurboMan to catch these Flamedeer for me right now

hass123

I wish I had TurboMan to catch these Flamedeer for me right now

I bloody hate this Flame deer hunt, I dont have time to just sit on this site all day and hope i get one ffs

Original Poster

tince666

I bloody hate this Flame deer hunt, I dont have time to just sit on this … I bloody hate this Flame deer hunt, I dont have time to just sit on this site all day and hope i get one ffs

I got two straight away when it started (want to trade an abominable for a gingerbread, don't need psvr) but since then, nothing.

Elf and home alone 1/2 Going to watch them all next weekend =D

Die Hard
Elf
Gremlins
Edited by: "SJHan" 5th Dec 2016

I need a top ten of Christmas films for a tweenage boy but it needs to be Christmas themed rather than films that came out over Christmas or are always shown at Christmas

The Apartment.

Jack & home alone

MaddiesDaddy

deeky

The Apartment.

Are you two playing Cluedo?

MaddiesDaddy

deeky

The Apartment.

youtube.com/wat…d2o

theguardian.com/fil…ent

Have you seen it? If not you should watch it. It's a real feelgood movie.

Edited by: "deeky" 5th Dec 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4378
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247617
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322855
    4. word association Game74244904

See more discussions