Posted 6th Nov 2021
Hi, wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best Chromebook that I could get my daughter to use at secondary school. Would be looking at around £400 max. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
7 Comments
  1. Avatar
    The mark up on Chromebooks is quite high so expect reductions on Black Friday, even if its only for headline grabbing.

Every year for about the last 5 years or so HP and the others put the prices of their often discounted Chromebooks UP before BF, the price then drops on the day.

You may well want to hold off unless someone has a really special deal posted.
    Edited by: "groenleader" 6th Nov 2021
  2. Avatar
    I guess a Chromebook would suit a student just fine and have less effort to keep up to date & virus free, however for a £400 budget I'd consider a full blown laptop. You can pick up an ex-office model for less and it'll have more functionality
  3. Avatar
    aLV42606/11/2021 08:51

I guess a Chromebook would suit a student just fine and have less effort …I guess a Chromebook would suit a student just fine and have less effort to keep up to date & virus free, however for a £400 budget I'd consider a full blown laptop. You can pick up an ex-office model for less and it'll have more functionality

Here we go again - a Chromebook is a full blown laptop - and has as much functionality (you could argue it has more)
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Yeh, thanks, definitely going to wait and see for Black Friday. She has a laptop but they always slow down quickly and need updating etc. it’s all Chromebooks at school now it seems, so going down that route. Just not sure which one.
  5. Avatar
    clthompson197906/11/2021 10:12

Yeh, thanks, definitely going to wait and see for Black Friday. She has a …Yeh, thanks, definitely going to wait and see for Black Friday. She has a laptop but they always slow down quickly and need updating etc. it’s all Chromebooks at school now it seems, so going down that route. Just not sure which one.

I find myself also in the market for a Chromebook, but with a higher budget I can look at more towards the mid-range specs. Just waiting to see if I can get any good Black Friday deals especially on the Acer Spin 713 - the one with 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM and Intel Core i5 processor. Can't find it cheaper than £799 unless I reduce my spec requirements. Overall, I am impressed with the Acer Spin 713 and I know you can get cheaper versions that do not have SSD and 4GB memory, etc - so for school work they should be OK.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    tardytortoise06/11/2021 14:44

I find myself also in the market for a Chromebook, but with a higher …I find myself also in the market for a Chromebook, but with a higher budget I can look at more towards the mid-range specs. Just waiting to see if I can get any good Black Friday deals especially on the Acer Spin 713 - the one with 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM and Intel Core i5 processor. Can't find it cheaper than £799 unless I reduce my spec requirements. Overall, I am impressed with the Acer Spin 713 and I know you can get cheaper versions that do not have SSD and 4GB memory, etc - so for school work they should be OK.

Yeh, just looked at the 513 (£350) and also the ASUS C434 (£400). Both of which may be cheaper on BF hopefully.
Post a comment
Top Merchants