Best coffee machine under £200?

Posted 9th Jul 2020
Looking to replace my nespresso lattissima one for a ground coffee machine. Not looking to spend too much but want a decent tasting cup of coffee!

Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Delonghi ESAM 2600(?) can be as low as £180 at Argos. Excellent bean-to-cup machine.
terriclarkfan09/07/2020 12:36

Delonghi ESAM 2600(?) can be as low as £180 at Argos. Excellent …Delonghi ESAM 2600(?) can be as low as £180 at Argos. Excellent bean-to-cup machine.

Looks like a decent machine for the price. Seems quite large though!
Tassimo is a good coffee machine thats well under 200 quid.
LJM32109/07/2020 13:26

Tassimo is a good coffee machine thats well under 200 quid.

Would prefer ground coffee or bean to cup machines over pod machines. A lot of waste and the pods are overpriced.
Delonghi 4200.

End of discussion
Nad_8409/07/2020 14:19

Delonghi 4200.End of discussion

Argos are selling the 2800 for £250. What’s the different between that and the 4200?
Not alot apart from look to be honest.

Available on Amazon for £188 as used but acceptable, I've heard they are normally new and opened boxes

amazon.co.uk/gp/…sed
Nad_8409/07/2020 15:54

Not alot apart from look to be honest.Available on Amazon for £188 as used …Not alot apart from look to be honest.Available on Amazon for £188 as used but acceptable, I've heard they are normally new and opened boxeshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001EOMZ5E/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=used

They say ‘large scratches’ on the item - worth the risk? Doesn’t sound like it’s just opened boxes.
Edited by: "vivian265" 9th Jul
vivian26509/07/2020 16:02

They say ‘large scratches’ on the item - worth the risk? Doesn’t sound like …They say ‘large scratches’ on the item - worth the risk? Doesn’t sound like it’s just opened boxes.

no probably not.
i'd suggest setting up some alerts on here as there are deals on these machines every month, you should easily pick up a bean to cup machine for the £200 mark
Lavazza Desea fits your budget and handles frothed milk automatically. Also Lavazza's subscription model is the best on the market. You only pay for the capsules (which are normal Amazon price) and the machine only costs you £1
fearona10/07/2020 08:49

Comment deleted

I’m thinking this atm. I can’t seem to find it for sale at a decent price though. The 2800 is £250 at argos but thinking it’s best to wait for the 4200?
That is a big machine! Will be going to currys over the weekend so might have a look at it (or a similar model) in store.
I was given the ESAM2800 by my father in law and love. I'll be honest I haven't found a bean yet that has blown me away and the different grinding levels but it's still better than any instant coffee you can make.

My only gripe is the amount of time it takes to reset itself to make coffee again after the initial brew.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 10th Jul
fearona10/07/2020 10:01

Comment deleted

I'll give that a go later, thank you. I use the steam wand for the milk for lattes but didn't think about using it after again to let out the remaining steam.

Edit: In fact, I'll try that right now

Edit 2: Unbelievable, what a plonker. All this time I've thought it was a design fault and I've been waiting so I can make a 3rd cup of coffee.

Well that's one thing crossed off, now to get to grips with the grinding and find some coffee beans I really like.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 10th Jul
fearona10/07/2020 08:57

Comment deleted

How often do they need servicing? I bought ecam 23.460 s for just under £300 at start of lockdown. Wouldn't be without now.
Thanks for the help @fearona I’ll be on the look out for this to go on sale
Hi,

If anyone is still looking for a fab coffee machine... Here's a fab offer...

But 200 pods at £106 and Nespresso will give you a coffee machine for free....

hotukdeals.com/dea…942
Post a comment
@
    Text