BEST COMBI BOILER

Found 8th Apr
Hello, Iam going to replace the very old boiler with hot and cold water tanks system, with combi-boiler. I am totally new to the boiler area i am fully depends on the expert advise from this forum. Any sugeestions on Boiler make, gurantee and price please.
This is for 3 bed house with family of 2 Adults + 2 kids.
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
Oil or Gas?
Existing one is gas.
I had a Baxi platinum 33 installed 6 month ago and its been great so far. Would recommend. My house is 3 bed with 2+2 too.
We have a Worcester Bosch one. Brand was highly recommended to us and 2 1/2 years still going on and no issues (touch wood)
Thanks all, my local plumber recommend the Main Eco which is £740 in the market?

discountheating.com/mai…tml
shabbird31 m ago

We have a Worcester Bosch one. Brand was highly recommended to us and 2 …We have a Worcester Bosch one. Brand was highly recommended to us and 2 1/2 years still going on and no issues (touch wood)

^ this one.

I have this at one of the properties and it has lasted well without any issue. it wasn't that expensive. i also have potterton at other properties and they are decent enough and pretty powerful, but more expensive than worcester bosch.

I would probably choose worcester bosh in future if it was reasonably priced.
If you are going to buy a Worcester Bosch make sure you use a Worcester Accredited Installer. Get them to Install it by 30th June 2018 and receive UP TO a 10 year warranty. I'm not too sure what the 'up to' bit is all about, but I got 5 year warranty about 7 years ago and as long as it was serviced annually, all parts and labour were covered in case of breakdown. I was able to ditch BG homecare cover for that period of time and had a service completed by the installer each year for a minimal sum.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 8th Apr
I install and repair boilers so see them in 5/7 years time, when the warranty is expired and they show their true reliability.

The Worcester greenstars very reliable, but very poorly made, everything is moulded plastic, and have an aluminum heat exchanger, so servicing them annually is very important. Also their gas valves fail faster than most other makes.

The Baxi range are better made, stainless steel heat exchanger, more long term durable components, for value, I like the Doutec 1 range, the Duotec 2 is junk. The only problem with Baxi is their fault diagnostic element, if you google 133 code or 168 code, their a dreaded code as it can be one of 10 expensive components. baxi support isnt that great which doesn't help.

Ideal , glow worm , ferolli, biasi, ariston, are budget ,and they claw back money on reliability and parts.

The only boiler I would fit in my own home would be the Vaillant ecotec pro / plus range, not prefect but very well made and robust boiler. I'm not sure about their new range ecofit pure but think the pro / plus boilers are
the best for long - long term reliability.

The critical part of any boiler reliability, is a clean system, make sure its flushed and fit a magnaclean for a filter.
Don't get a ideal boiler

Try get valiant Worcester or potterton
+1 for Worcester Bosch.
never heard of ‘Main’ brand
I think i will go for Worcester in screwfix is good deal with 5 yrs warranty? Also can i ask my local plumber to fit them, which is less expensive than Accredited Installer?

screwfix.com/p/w…KaQ
thkarthik8th Apr

I think i will go for Worcester in screwfix is good deal with 5 yrs …I think i will go for Worcester in screwfix is good deal with 5 yrs warranty? Also can i ask my local plumber to fit them, which is less expensive than Accredited Installer?https://www.screwfix.com/p/worcester-bosch-greenstar-30cdi-30kw-regular-domestic-gas-boiler/6556H?kpid=6556H&ds_kid=92700031316950361&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249484&ds_rl=1249799&gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDfS7Rvj3bfxLPoAhK04xISAwN18rM_1L29RLEqHI0M2BOMjs4tf2gBoC814QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COuGn4qGq9oCFSEj0wodyl8KaQ

if your plumber is gassafe registered then he can fit. go for an installer who'll give minimum 5 year guarantee....some offer 7 years
Intergas combi boiler, only has 4 moving parts so less to go wrong
thkarthik1 h, 53 m ago

I think i will go for Worcester in screwfix is good deal with 5 yrs …I think i will go for Worcester in screwfix is good deal with 5 yrs warranty? Also can i ask my local plumber to fit them, which is less expensive than Accredited Installer?https://www.screwfix.com/p/worcester-bosch-greenstar-30cdi-30kw-regular-domestic-gas-boiler/6556H?kpid=6556H&ds_kid=92700031316950361&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249484&ds_rl=1249799&gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDfS7Rvj3bfxLPoAhK04xISAwN18rM_1L29RLEqHI0M2BOMjs4tf2gBoC814QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COuGn4qGq9oCFSEj0wodyl8KaQ

Will your local plumber do a ‘fit only’? I’d check first as most plumbers will want to provide and make a little on the boiler
J_B4 h, 53 m ago

I had a Baxi platinum 33 installed 6 month ago and its been great so far. …I had a Baxi platinum 33 installed 6 month ago and its been great so far. Would recommend. My house is 3 bed with 2+2 too.

I have spoken to 2 boiler engineers recently and this Baxi is supposed to be the best out their at the moment it would be my choice
Very unlikely that you will regret buying a WB boiler. They came out way in front in a Which article not so long ago and love them both at home and in rental properties

BUT

Combis heat the water as it goes through the boiler and so you don't (necessarily) get high pressure. You can call WB and get advice from them which will include questions on baths or showers etc. You may decide you prefer a mains pressure system
MrMan20114 h, 51 m ago

Don't get a ideal boilerTry get valiant Worcester or potterton

I have an ideal Vogue c32 that is around 3 years old now and came with a promotional 10 year parts and labour warranty.

Can’t fault it!
My plumber with Certified boiler engineer will do the installation..so should be fine.
WB gets my vote. Customer service is second to none and on those grounds alone I'm now s loyal customer.
I got my WB from here(directheatingsupplies.co.uk/wor…ers) probably the cheapest price around.

Every Plumber I've spoken to has said they are the most reliable.
Have a Vaillant installed and very pleased with it. If you stick with Vaillant, WB or Baxi you can't go far wrong. I think the deciding factors would would be down to price and length of warranty. Usually I'd pay the extra to get a boiler that could get me a full 10 years as repairs can prove expensive.
Worcester Bosch

Valiant
I went for a Viessmann Vitodens 200-W last year
thkarthik8th Apr

Your installer should be able to obtain a 30CDi cheaper than that from his local supplier.

Ask him before you purchase.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants