Groups

Best combination for Business Broadband in an ADSL area

I'm after Internet access for business use. We've just moved into our warehouse which has a BT socket but when I plug a phoneline in, I hear no dial tone.

I'm after something very basic, even a 512Kb connection (if they still exist) would work fine.

Can anyone advice me of a phone line / ISP combination? Price is my priority at the moment.

Cheers - Zak.

2 Comments

If the business needs an active internet connection to function efficiently or at all, price should not be a priority. That aside though, if I was buying for a business, I'd be happy to opt for something like BT + BeUnlimited (about £30 a month), plus also Virgin's cheapest broadband tarrif (about £10 a month for the first year, then £17 thereafter) on a second line. Redundancy is an essential thing to have when a failure could potentially knock you offline for weeks. Having two ISPs on two seperate network infrastructures means that such a thing should never happen.

And mind out - even 'business broadband' deals use the same BT network the home broadband customers use. My neighbour's phoneline got torn in half by wind last week, and no amount of uptime guarantee could stop that happening.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions