Best computer for video editing

Posted 22nd Feb
Hey all, I am after a quiet pc that is good for video editing. I guess it needs a fair bit of power for this.
Any suggestions or links I could review. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
First question, what is your budget?
I was thinking about £500. Am I in dreamland? 😁
Any PC will edit video, but it can get demanding if you're editing higher bitrate videos or using fancy special effects.

So a overview of what sort of editing you're doing would be helpful. Which applications are you using, what size and format of videos are you editing, what sort of changes do you typically make?
I've a quiet pc and have a semi passive psu and gfx card and cpu cooler. My case has a built in temp display and case fan controls so at times i can have every fan switched off.

You pay extra for quiet so i think you're dreaming with £500.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 22nd Feb
EndlessWaves22/02/2020 17:58

Any PC will edit video, but it can get demanding if you're editing higher …Any PC will edit video, but it can get demanding if you're editing higher bitrate videos or using fancy special effects. So a overview of what sort of editing you're doing would be helpful. Which applications are you using, what size and format of videos are you editing, what sort of changes do you typically make?

Hey, I am not using anything special. I use pinnacle studio 21 atm but may consider camtasia in the future. I am an occasional user and have a Sony HD camcorder and use 1080p on my phone to film too. Its mainly edit, add titles, music and then package up as a file. It doesn't need to be brand new. I am currently using an Alienware aurora i7 but it is 9yrs old now. I upgraded the ram 12gb but the processor is 1st gen i7 so is aging a bit now. Thanks in advance.
hotukdeals.com/dea…641
Can’t comment on how quiet it is. However is 8 years newer tech, has a bit more memory and 6cores and 12 threads vs your 4c/8t current setup.
Thank you appreciate it. This looks a good deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants