Best computer/program for minecraft?

Posted 11th Nov
Hi,

I don't anything about minecraft and just wanted to see what platform is the best / esiest to play for a 7 year old? He plays on an android tablet but seems quite frustrated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Xbox, my 7 year old plays on that & loves it.
I was thinking about Nintendo switch or a PC. So is the xbox easier to play then the tablet?
deals77711/11/2019 19:22

I was thinking about Nintendo switch or a PC. So is the xbox easier to …I was thinking about Nintendo switch or a PC. So is the xbox easier to play then the tablet?

What is he getting frustrated with? Is it the game itself in that he can't quite get his head around what he needs to do in the game or is he getting frustrated with the controls? Because if it is the first one then it wouldn't matter what platform he was playing on, he might just need to come back to the game when he is a tiny bit older or more experienced with games. My 8 year old son tried playing Minecraft recently and he didn't like it as he prefers more action based games such at the Lego ones and the pace of Minecraft and the concept of it just wasn't quite for him at the moment.
We got a wii u for it. Affordable, plenty of games and in HD and cna be played on or off the TV.
Switch 100% better all round console for a 7 year old.
My 17yo child (I know) and 12yo are obsessed with Minecraft. They have it on PS3 which would be a cheap way to play given the console and game are cheap second hand.
I don't know whether the free PS3 on line servers are still live though.
Last year I got it on PC given the requests which they much prefer. Everything is easier to access on PC and they can run mods.
Games are also cheaper on PC and on line is free. Kids can adjust to most things.
Gaming PC's are dear new but Minecraft isn't particularly resource hungry. If you have a somewhat new tower PC there is a good chance you could add a graphics card to it or you could get a 2nd hand one.
The console route would likely be most cost effective and head and shoulders above gaming on a tablet.
ps3, ps4, xbox, nintendo switch, Ps vita.
If you want him to be able to take it in car/away from tv then a switch. But make sure you have screen protectors. If you want to keep it to tv, then an Xbox or PS4. We have it for PS4 for my nephews as there’s much more variety of other games like racing on these two consoles than the switch.
Xbox one, get one cheap on Black Friday and he'll be sorted for the next few years as he gets older. Yes a Switch is portable but the games are more expensive and I don't think I'd trust a 7 year old not to drop mine LOL
dcx_badass11/11/2019 20:00

We got a wii u for it. Affordable, plenty of games and in HD and cna be …We got a wii u for it. Affordable, plenty of games and in HD and cna be played on or off the TV.

Not sure why this answer is being ignored as its a great option if you don't want to outlay for a switch.
g8spur11/11/2019 21:33

Not sure why this answer is being ignored as its a great option if you …Not sure why this answer is being ignored as its a great option if you don't want to outlay for a switch.

I didn't know you could get minecraft for wii u. That's a great call as ours is just gathering dust at the moment.
Mine play on xbox 360 and don't have any trouble with the game, with each other, but not the game
Thanks everyone!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants