Groups

Best Connection 360 to 37" HDMI HD-Ready TV

I'm looking at getting a HDMI 37inch TV (probs a Samsung) and wondered what the best way of connecting it to my TV is.

Currently running a Premium system (with HDMI port) on a old 28" CRT.

I'm happy to buy a new cable, although my existing xbox Scart seems to have some kind of HD mode on it.

Guessing a HDMI cable would be the way forward is there any difference in them? SHould I get a MS one (do they do one) or will any old one do?

9 Comments

Get the official xbox 360 vga cable, this provides the best picture possible.

Then in the dashboard setting's: Xbox 360 Reference Level: Expanded
    Xbox 360 Dash Resolution: 1360x768

Original Poster

jaybizzle;1828685

Get the official xbox 360 vga cable, this provides the best picture … Get the official xbox 360 vga cable, this provides the best picture possible.

Really I would have thought HDMI would be better!

Although Im looking at buying a Gold Plated HDMI Cable now, for £3.55 off eBuyer (added bonus I have some PayPal funds I can use)

all HDMI's offer the same quality....be they gold plated, regular or super monster magic cables.....digital signal. Use HDMI, override the sound to off and hook up some surround sound.

Original Poster

arcsbite;1828870

all HDMI's offer the same quality....be they gold plated, regular or … all HDMI's offer the same quality....be they gold plated, regular or super monster magic cables.....digital signal. Use HDMI, override the sound to off and hook up some surround sound.

Cheers.

I read that but it stills seems good for £3.55!

The TV will be a week or so and money in paypal so all good.

Rep added to both for help!

at that price by all means go for it, just wanted to put that out there in case you saw some overpriced ones and thought the quality would be better

I asked this question last night in Game.
    I was told as first reply, use std VGA cable. Using HDMI cable can cause lines & distorted image according to the man in Game.

I used to use component or VGA on my old 360 as there was no HDMI, my new one does and it looks great
    component was nice, a little rich in colour but could only do 1080i
    the VGA looked washed out on every setting.

I prefer HDMI, Component comes a close second if HDMI isn't an option
    bbut that's just my personal pref.

I went from Scart to VGA!! There's no contest. But then we throw in HDMI...in theory, the HDMI cable should be better

Original Poster

Cheers guys.

Looks like I'll go for HDMI and then if I see a VGA come up for sale cheap pick one of them up.
    Thanks,

Rep for all that helped
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick55
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391212
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon22
      4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56

See more discussions