Groups

best contents insurance providers?

Having to buy contents insurance for the first time and I've no idea who is decent.

Main valuables in my home are £6000 worth of tools which would need covering, no quibbles.

Just want to be sure I'd be covered as theres been several break ins near me and someone attempted my house yesterday.

7 Comments

Lloyds bank/TSB are great with my home insurance £75 excess and around £14 pm for £20,000 worth of cover. Very easy to claim and fast should you need too

I'm with Halifax and there cover is unlimited. Added personal cover as well which still kept it under £20. Which I thought was good.

do these policies cover kitchen appliances?

yes-all contents are covered against damage but not breakdown of kitchen appliances - for that try D&G?

If you get quotes from a price comparison website, look at what the independent Defaqto rating is. Some can be pretty poor if you were to claim (imagine comparing a 2* hotel to a 5* hotel, same for insurance policies). Also consider if you need personal possessions insurance which would cover you away from the home for things like phone,Ipad,watch etc.

tesco were good for me

Hi,
    As recent experience has taught me don't judge companies just on their price. Hopefully you won't ever have to claim and therefore no need to really find out how good or bad these companies are. And avoid esure as they are truly the most shoddy and untrustworthy company I have come across.
    Cheers Si
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians2236
      2. Story of the day1724
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1422
      4. Spotify Family Premium share824

See more discussions