Best cooler for Intel socket 1150?

20 replies
Found 24th Jan
Any thoughts you helpful folks?

Looking at air-coolers, not liquid based.

Thanks

20 Comments

the hyper 212 evo is commonly used it's probably the best option available.

Original Poster

Thanks

Muzzard

the hyper 212 evo is commonly used it's probably the best option … the hyper 212 evo is commonly used it's probably the best option available.

Thanks for reply, that one does seem to get mentioned quite a lot.

Just make sure you have enough clearance. Some of these coolers are pretty big.

Original Poster

kester76

Just make sure you have enough clearance. Some of these coolers are … Just make sure you have enough clearance. Some of these coolers are pretty big.

Agreed, some of them are massive. Can't see me needing a dual stack tower cooler though.

Should be a fair bit of room in my chassis, which is a Gigabyte 3D Aurora.

Watch/Read oc3d review on youtube or their website for a very comprehensive round-up.

youtube.com/wat…om0

:0)

Best for what? What are your requirements and priorities?

The best cooler for overclocking is something big, heavy and £60. On the other hand if all you want is something quieter than the stock cooler than you want to be looking at under £20-30.

The 212 is very decent for 20-25. If you want serious overclock id consider a noctua DH15 or one of the more expensive be quiet or deepcool fansinks for 60 or so. If you just want a quieter one than stock consider a gammaxx 200 which is going for about 12 quid or one of the arctic freezers for 15.

Depends what your cooling, if your overclocked then the noctua is probably the best option otherwise what suits your budget and asthetics.

Original Poster

jadamso

Watch/Read oc3d review on youtube or their website for a very … Watch/Read oc3d review on youtube or their website for a very comprehensive round-up.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvzeXSVom0:0)

I was reading the mega test earlier and ended up more confused than ever. Just so many options.

EndlessWaves

Best for what? What are your requirements and priorities?The best cooler … Best for what? What are your requirements and priorities?The best cooler for overclocking is something big, heavy and £60. On the other hand if all you want is something quieter than the stock cooler than you want to be looking at under £20-30.

Combination of cooling ability (with potential for mild oc) without sounding like its about to take off. If it doesn't obstruct the RAM slots that would be nice.

gowf

The 212 is very decent for 20-25. If you want serious overclock id … The 212 is very decent for 20-25. If you want serious overclock id consider a noctua DH15 or one of the more expensive be quiet or deepcool fansinks for 60 or so. If you just want a quieter one than stock consider a gammaxx 200 which is going for about 12 quid or one of the arctic freezers for 15.

The Be Quiets don't seem to get fab reviews, one of the issues seems to be ease of fitting related.

The 212X has been in my sights, but I do wondering if I can get something better for not a lot more cash, I can't seem to locate them for much less than £30 delivered as it happens.

I still have an early Arctic Freezer Pro around someplace.

I've never had issues with my Freezer 7 Pro and my Freezer 13.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I've never had issues with my Freezer 7 Pro and my Freezer 13.

I do remember the fan failed on mine, but that's no biggie and it was as I say an early model.

bequiet really deserve their name top notch coolers but a tad expensive, for budget coolers I now prefer cryorig

Original Poster

kanjimoore

bequiet really deserve their name top notch coolers but a tad expensive, … bequiet really deserve their name top notch coolers but a tad expensive, for budget coolers I now prefer cryorig

Do you have any preferred (read cheap) vendors for Cryorig?
Edited by: "vultura" 24th Jan

Hyper 212 i have that as well and cheap these days around 30 quid on ebay but make sure it fits your case as its huge. im running it on a i5 2500k running at 4.6 now

vultura

Do you have any preferred (read cheap) vendors for Cryorig?

​if you want an equivalent to a hyper 212 who this is the best price kikatek.com/P87…HAQ

Original Poster

kanjimoore

​if you want an equivalent to a hyper 212 who this is the best price h … ​if you want an equivalent to a hyper 212 who this is the best price http://www.kikatek.com/P875803/CR-M9I-Cryorig-M9I-Single-Tower-Heatsink-for?source=froogle&gclid=Cj0KEQiAk5zEBRD9lfno2dek0tsBEiQAWVKyuI16_AD7--SLGoW6LiWtGehZabImld3PYEx_-jhA3ykaAhAr8P8HAQ

I didn't think that fitted in quite the same market space, is the H7 not closest to the 212?

kanjimoore

​if you want an equivalent to a hyper 212 who this is the best price h … ​if you want an equivalent to a hyper 212 who this is the best price http://www.kikatek.com/P875803/CR-M9I-Cryorig-M9I-Single-Tower-Heatsink-for?source=froogle&gclid=Cj0KEQiAk5zEBRD9lfno2dek0tsBEiQAWVKyuI16_AD7--SLGoW6LiWtGehZabImld3PYEx_-jhA3ykaAhAr8P8HAQ

​no the h7 is better and larger the m9i is a similar size slightly better temps and a few decibels quieter than the 212

Original Poster

kanjimoore

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/M9i/

Thanks for that. Interesting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Antec A40 Pro, can't seem to find munch in the way of reviews for it. Seems to be available around the £20 mark.

Just to mess things up someone pointed me in the direct of the Antec 600 Kuhler, which seem cheap (sub £50) for a AIO liquid cooler. Yes I didn't think I'd want to go to liquid cooling, but for the price can't just ignore it surely? Logically the chances of it leaking (if fitted correctly and not messed with) are minimal, otherwise they would simply not sell them or am I wrong?

Edited by: "vultura" 25th Jan

Original Poster

Have ordered Antec H600 Kuhler for £43.

Fingers crossed it will fit easily and work well.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Typical cost of boiler installation12
    2. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G915
    3. 2 for 1 code33
    4. Travelling from London Stadium after an event23

See more discussions