Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Best courier service to use

Posted 15th Feb
I have sold a camera on eBay for £700. Who is the best courier service to ship with, I’m looking for one ideally with cover if the item gets damaged.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Parcelforce is who I mostly use. Book it via send it now as it’s cheaper.
I would say Royal Mail Signed For Next Day Delivery, agreeing that the buyer is going to be there to receive the item. You will have to pay extra to make sure the camera is fully insured, but there may be issues if there is a battery/battery pack so check what can/cannot be sent.

Hope the buyer is genuine and only send to the Paypal stated address. Film the packing of the camera etc.
Pricing delivery cost after the sale? "ideally with cover if the item gets damaged"? I assume you mean mandatory cover, and additionally not indcluded in restricted / prohibited items.
RM Special Delivery next day by 1pm signed £9.70 medium parcel up to £1000 loss/damage cover, just triple box to tick packaging expectations.
royalmail.com/pri…der
RM prohib / restricted list noting "Electronic devices sent with or connected to lithium batteries" at: personal.help.royalmail.com/app…ers
JimboParrot15/02/2020 14:56

Film the packing of the camera etc.

What does that prove?
It just makes you appear like a dodgy person.
Edited by: "Erudite" 15th Feb
Erudite15/02/2020 15:00

What does that prove? It just makes you appear like a dodgy person.

Everything. When the buyer opens a dispute saying parts are missing/not included or tries to claim packaging insufficient etc.
Erudite15/02/2020 15:00

What does that prove? It just makes you appear like a dodgy person.

Doesn't prove anything but may assist weighting the balance of probability in favour of sender should the recipient be a little colourful about the package contents or suitability of packaging for a relatively valuable delivery.
JimboParrot15/02/2020 15:03

Everything. When the buyer opens a dispute saying parts are missing/not …Everything. When the buyer opens a dispute saying parts are missing/not included or tries to claim packaging insufficient etc.

And that counts as valid proof? Silly if it does because anyone could make a video, then remove the item and repackage.
AndyRoyd15/02/2020 14:58

Pricing delivery cost after the sale? "ideally with cover if the item gets …Pricing delivery cost after the sale? "ideally with cover if the item gets damaged"? I assume you mean mandatory cover, and additionally not indcluded in restricted / prohibited items.RM Special Delivery next day by 1pm signed £9.70 medium parcel up to £1000 loss/damage cover, just triple box to tick packaging expectations.https://www.royalmail.com/price-finderRM prohib / restricted list noting "Electronic devices sent with or connected to lithium batteries" at: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96/~/prohibited-and-restricted-items---advice-for-personal-customers

How do I know if the battery is Lithium? It is brand new camera and all the parts are separate in bags.
AnnieLey15/02/2020 15:34

How do I know if the battery is Lithium? It is brand new camera and all …How do I know if the battery is Lithium? It is brand new camera and all the parts are separate in bags.

In clear bags or retail bags/boxes with printed spec? Alternatively websearch with cam make + model + lithium.
AndyRoyd15/02/2020 15:38

In clear bags or retail bags/boxes with printed spec? Alternatively …In clear bags or retail bags/boxes with printed spec? Alternatively websearch with cam make + model + lithium.

They are in the retail bags. It is a Li-ion battery?
39913414-KAIMN.jpg
AnnieLey15/02/2020 15:43

They are in the retail bags. It is a Li-ion battery?[Image]

TBH it is starting to sound as if ebay is not the most appropriate route for you to realise the value of this item as there appears be some difficulty identifying an appropriate courier and product content, and as others have mentioned it is far too easy for a receipient to be colourful about whatever you send and there is a real possibility you may lose both payment and the item.
Spend a few moments considering cancelling the sale, possibly to be replaced with local advertising where the buyer can accompany you to your bank or local post office (open longer hours) for the buyer to deposit cash directly into your bank account (counterfeit checked by bank / PO cashier) with you standing alongside and never having to touch the money.
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 15th Feb
jamie1515/02/2020 15:29

And that counts as valid proof? Silly if it does because anyone could make …And that counts as valid proof? Silly if it does because anyone could make a video, then remove the item and repackage.

Not at all, and of course it could be removed and repackaged, but it might just help showing that it was securely packaged.

There is no way of proving what any seller packages up and sends to the buyer.
JimboParrot15/02/2020 16:08

Not at all, and of course it could be removed and repackaged, but it might …Not at all, and of course it could be removed and repackaged, but it might just help showing that it was securely packaged.There is no way of proving what any seller packages up and sends to the buyer.

That was what I thought, I don't bother because I know it's not worth the hassle for me.
AnnieLey15/02/2020 15:43

They are in the retail bags. It is a Li-ion battery?[Image]

Do you actually have this item, or just that photo of the item?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants