Groups
    EXPIRED

Best cpu and motherboard for my gpu?

Bit of a noob as this is my first build, recently I got a Sapphire Dual-X AMD Radeon R9 280X OC 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card for £125. I have a rough budget of about £300-400 left (for everything) and want the best value for my money. I'm looking to play high end games(BF4) and do some graphic design on it. I don't want to buy something that'll soon be obsolete or bottleneck my gpu. Many Thanks!

6 Comments

In before 4690k and an Asus mobo.

where did you get your graphics card for that price?

Original Poster

ebuyer Price has since gone up

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

In before 4690k and an Asus mobo.

I've seen a cashback deal would it be wise to get the 4690k and an asus z97 board which would be about £210 ish

No point in the K edition and a Z motherboard unless you're overclocking, otherwise the i5-4590/4690 and a B85 motherboard is the sensible choice

opu77

I've seen a cashback deal would it be wise to get the 4690k and an asus … I've seen a cashback deal would it be wise to get the 4690k and an asus z97 board which would be about £210 ish

Seems to be the best cost to performance. You can then at a later date upgrade the cooler and push up the clocks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions