Groups

Best credit card to use on holiday?

Hello,

I currently have a Natwest Student VISA card (although I am actually now a graduate), and the limit is annoylingly locked to £500. I am going to the USA this summer and don't want to take excessive loose cash with me so I am thinking of taking the credit card along for the couple of big purchases I wish to make.

As Natwest won't do anything about this situation, what is my best bet regards a credit card that offers a good exchange rate when purchasing abroad along with no charges associated with it?

Also, is it worth considering travellers cheques?

Thanks,

Tom

5 Comments

nationwide card
    get an overdraft if u can have one
    no charges

jasonrat

nationwide cardget an overdraft if u can have oneno charges

Was just about to say the same!

just a note that you should pay tax on purchases over the limit(i think its £65) when arriving back in the uk

just to echo the above.

I have a nationwide current account, took 10days in total, signup online, get papers 5days later, sign, post off, get account, register online, get visa cards/pin numbers.
    sorted
    great spare account, 0% charges abroad with decent exchange rates.

Original Poster

Cheers for the info but how does it work in relation to a credit card? I would ideally like the added protection.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …128303
      2. Cat Chat73709
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714100
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764521

See more discussions