Groups

Best cut of Steak?

Whats your favourite? i dont think you can beat Rib-eye, was dirt cheap about a year ago, about £10.50 kg, now its nearly £18.00kg!!! still the best and soooo tasty

24 Comments

rib-eye, lushity lush

i is droolin'

fillet

Why would you be interested in which steak other people like? Heartbeat is on.

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;5241463

rib-eye, lushity lushi is droolin'

hmmmmm, best ever

Original Poster

deek72;5241473

Why would you be interested in which steak other people like? Heartbeat … Why would you be interested in which steak other people like? Heartbeat is on.

My point exactly:-D

Original Poster

boothy;5241470

fillet

Boothy, have you tried rib-eye, a lot of people havent

Banned

rib eye is very nice, well if cooked by someone else

Ribeye is the best blend of quality and price - Fillet is amazing if served blue or rare and if I dine out and its available, T-bone - half sirloin, half fillet - all meat!! :lol:

Rib-eye FTW

Although i love skirt too when i braise/stew it

I prefer fillet - no fat, and if it's from good stock and well hung (cough!) you just can't beat it.

Original Poster

moob;5241519

I prefer fillet - no fat, and if it's from good stock and well hung … I prefer fillet - no fat, and if it's from good stock and well hung (cough!) you just can't beat it.

hi moob, best steak i ever had was last year in Aus, was from the "Hog's Breath Cafe" chain of restaurants, slow cook their steak for 18 hours!!!!, was a really strange experience eating it, was like cutting butter (that had been in the fridge) was so nice it felt odd?

Banned

If I'm not paying then onglet.

clondikemike;5241553

hi moob, best steak i ever had was last year in Aus, was from the "Hog's … hi moob, best steak i ever had was last year in Aus, was from the "Hog's Breath Cafe" chain of restaurants, slow cook their steak for 18 hours!!!!, was a really strange experience eating it, was like cutting butter (that had been in the fridge) was so nice it felt odd?

Was that because you had to wait so long for it CDM? :lol:

Seriously though, I know what you mean, there are some places that just seem to know how to cook a good fillet and make it taste like nothing you could manage at home. I should know, I've been trying to replicate it for about 10 years!

FilthAndFurry;5241570

If I'm not paying then onglet.

You mean skirt.

Banned

moob;5241596

You mean skirt.

Hanger.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5241657

Hanger.

Hi f&f hows you this evening,

And moob, i cant replicate what seems to be easy to cook recipes, follow them from the book and they end up tasting like i have cooked them:roll:, one thing though, at least when i was a lad my mum made sure i knew how to cook, use a washing machine, iron and put the toilet seat down:)

Banned

rib eye is the best piece of meat but i also love a good new york steak

Original Poster

casparwhite;5241874

rib eye is the best piece of meat but i also love a good new york steak

I dont think i have ever had a New York steak?

Banned

clondikemike;5241995

I dont think i have ever had a New York steak?

its like a porterhouse but without the tenderloin and the bone its basically the short loin, very tender and usually thick cut

more tasty than the top top cuts like chateaubriand, filet mignon and tournedos as they dont have as much fat although they are generally the most expensive and tender

Fillet, rare of course

Original Poster

casparwhite;5242051

its like a porterhouse but without the tenderloin and the bone its … its like a porterhouse but without the tenderloin and the bone its basically the short loin, very tender and usually thick cutmore tasty than the top top cuts like chateaubriand, filet mignon and tournedos as they dont have as much fat although they are generally the most expensive and tender

Is it as expensive as fillet or rib-eye? my taste buds are going just talking about it:) Is that sad

Banned

clondikemike;5242404

Is it as expensive as fillet or rib-eye? my taste buds are going just … Is it as expensive as fillet or rib-eye? my taste buds are going just talking about it:) Is that sad

round about the same as rib eye give or take..... kinda been spoilt living in oz with much cheaper prices than over here

god knows over here but sounds about the same in quids as it is in dollars over there

rib eye all the way baby!!

t bone is back on some menus now

I have to say im a ribeye man aswell, b8ut only on special occasions.
    Fillet just doesnt have the texture for me. i mean its tasty but still :P

Usually i will just go with a decent piece of rump or sirloin, really heavily salt it (read: cake) it in coarse salt for about 20-30 minutes before cooking then rinse really well and pat dry, then cook

Great flavour and texture from a cheap cut of meat try it! you will be surprised! (just make sure you dont use normal table salt as it will just disolve and heavily salt the meat :P)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3341203
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1423
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…68
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044

See more discussions