best dashcam under £100

Found 4th May 2016
what dashcam would you guys recommend for under £100

1. Ask
  2. Dash Cam
12 Comments

£100 is a fair amount, Argos have this

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

It was something like £110 but reduced to £70 and comes with memory card HOWEVER you will need a special card for running a HD camera. The cards are not designed to be written to for long periods with high amounts of data. The card will corrupt and you won't know until you want to play something back.

amazon.co.uk/San…dhc

The 32gb card has a waranty for 5000 hours of recording

The 64b version has 10,000 hours of recording.

I recently purchased a second Mobius Action Camera to face out the rear window. Cracking camera, very small and discreet so easy to leave in place without Barry-baghead or some smack-head noticing when parked up. Drives me mad when you see these fools with wires hanging all over the place instead of just running the cable around the sills and fascia. One clever chap the other day even had the light lit up on the front of his while driving, not infa-red but an actual little lamp.

Original Poster

thanks for your answer i bought one not long ago but my son nicked it off me so to speak
was looking at one but cant remember the make it had a magnetic camera that you just took off when parked up and had night vision
but will have another look online
one last question do these dashcams take any size of memory card
Edited by: "madmax666" 4th May 2016

i know its a bit off topic, but do people get into that many road situations that they need one of these?

i was down in Birmingham a few months ago and the traffic was pretty bad, but is there a general need for these?

Original Poster

I do not want it for this but you get cheaper insurance with them fitted
confused.com/car…ams

kingtreelo

i know its a bit off topic, but do people get into that many road … i know its a bit off topic, but do people get into that many road situations that they need one of these?i was down in Birmingham a few months ago and the traffic was pretty bad, but is there a general need for these?

Look a videos on YouTube. TBH once you have one you will notice much more. Stupid drivers, dangerous drivers and my favourite pet hate people using their phone!

Original Poster

kingtreelo

i know its a bit off topic, but do people get into that many road … i know its a bit off topic, but do people get into that many road situations that they need one of these?i was down in Birmingham a few months ago and the traffic was pretty bad, but is there a general need for these?

Help catching dodgy driversRetailer Halfords is now selling Nextbase … Help catching dodgy driversRetailer Halfords is now selling Nextbase cameras - they cost between £70 and £150 - with a free subscription to an online service called Police Witness.This helps motorists take action against suspected dangerous or careless drivers by making it easier to forward their footage to the relevant authorities.

Did notice halfords were offering a free subscription to this

kingtreelo

You've obviously never driven in Bolton.

kingtreelo

I think the answer to that depends on how much you drive. In that it took me 3 hours of driving to and from work today I now feel my investment in a dashcam has paid for itself as my risk of being involved in some sort of incident is much higher now than say someone trundling 5 minutes down the road to the shops once a week.

For me, I think that if I was involved in an crash that at least I would get the registration of the other car involved if they should decide to drive away which is reassuring. Additionally in the case of an insurance claim at least you can use the footage as evidence of the exact circumstances to send to the insurer and it's not unheard of for what would be deemed a 50:50 to have the decision turned on it's head with dashcam footage showing the exact turn of events.

Possibly when a dash cam is fitted the driver then becomes a more 'careful' driver, and sees other road users in a different light.

Daily habits by other drivers are then more noticeable, whereas previous the driver was also guilty of these bad habits?

I have the " mini 805 front and rear. Been there for over a year now and no problems and the video playback is top notch. They are also demountable if you want to take them out of the vehicle. They slot into a mount which stays attached to the windscreen.

I bought a mini 0826 from "accidentcameras" while they had an offer on before Christmas. Added a genuine samsung evo 128gb microsd card and it works brilliantly.

Should also say that the mini 0805 and 0826 are about as small as they get, and are relatively inconspicuous if you can mount it near the rear view mirror
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants