Best data sim for iPad?

Found 24th May
Due to come off of a 2 year O2 data/iPad package. What’s the best way to carry on data access for my iPad (not tethering to my phone) - can I stick a normal phone sim in there ie a rolling one month sim contract at like £10 for 5gb? Or is there a better way?
Community Updates
AskDual SimTabletiPad
9 Comments
Ask O2 to carry on with the contract, month at a time. Might offer you a better deal than on offer in store too. You’ll keep the same number that way
krisward79554 m ago

Ask O2 to carry on with the contract, month at a time. Might offer you a …Ask O2 to carry on with the contract, month at a time. Might offer you a better deal than on offer in store too. You’ll keep the same number that way

Thanks but they have been ripping me off at £25 a month after my contract expired and they say I didn’t request to end it when I have done. Plus their network signal at my new place is terrible. Not bothered about the number as I only use my iPad for streaming tv/movies.
bluep23 m ago

Thanks but they have been ripping me off at £25 a month after my contract …Thanks but they have been ripping me off at £25 a month after my contract expired and they say I didn’t request to end it when I have done. Plus their network signal at my new place is terrible. Not bothered about the number as I only use my iPad for streaming tv/movies.

The contract doesn’t expire after 18 months, it’s up to you to cancel it, three used to be pretty good for their data sims but their signal by me is awful
In my experience now, having been with Voda for Donkeys years, all the Networks used to look after existing and long term customers, but last few years its been a real struggle to get anything that I cant get as a New Customer somewhere else, there just after that, New Customers,so the way I look at it now, so for me in order to get new deals I can play that game as well.
I buy 24gb sims from amazon on 3 and replace when needed. They are £45 at the minute and last 24 months or till the data runs out.
Do you have O2 phone as well? Tethering on O2 doesn’t cost extra like it used to. So might be worth looking into adding data to your phone plan?
Dannyrobbo5 h, 26 m ago

The contract doesn’t expire after 18 months, it’s up to you to cancel it, t …The contract doesn’t expire after 18 months, it’s up to you to cancel it, three used to be pretty good for their data sims but their signal by me is awful

As I said, i was out of contract and then I requested to end it but they said they’d never received my letter despite me producing a copy. I couldn’t be bothered to argue any further as I hadn’t sent it recorded post but decided I wasn’t going to be sticking with them.
krisward79552 h, 24 m ago

Do you have O2 phone as well? Tethering on O2 doesn’t cost extra like it u …Do you have O2 phone as well? Tethering on O2 doesn’t cost extra like it used to. So might be worth looking into adding data to your phone plan?

Thanks but it’s the O2 signal that is the issue. My phone is EE but I don’t want to tether - I want a different network so when one is weak if I’m travelling for work, I still have a chance of network on the other.
Edited by: "bluep" 24th May
bluep6 h, 33 m ago

As I said, i was out of contract and then I requested to end it but they …As I said, i was out of contract and then I requested to end it but they said they’d never received my letter despite me producing a copy. I couldn’t be bothered to argue any further as I hadn’t sent it recorded post but decided I wasn’t going to be sticking with them.

You can give notice via live chat.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants