Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Best day to go shopping?

Posted 23rd Jan
Anyone know which day is best to shopping at Tesco regarding the freshness of the food. ie Milk, bread, meat etc

Do they have deliveries on a Saturday? Seems if i go on a Saturday the bread has 4-5 days life in it. Where as if i go on a Wednesday alot of the stuff seems to be about to go out of date.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
SteMoss23/01/2020 17:12

Comment deleted

Sounds like you've got bigger issues than all those working hours.
17 Comments
Seriously!.

All stores are bound to be different.

Why not just shop on Saturday when the bread has 4-5 days life in it. I can't believe that the items that are going out of date on a Wednesday haven't been replenished by then
OllieSt23/01/2020 16:36

Seriously!. All stores are bound to be different. Why not just shop on …Seriously!. All stores are bound to be different. Why not just shop on Saturday when the bread has 4-5 days life in it. I can't believe that the items that are going out of date on a Wednesday haven't been replenished by then

Seriously!

I would go on a Saturday but i have to do this thing call work you see. How rude are you?!
Try Friday, your bread might have a 5-6 day shelf life or be stale.

Out of interest how do you manage to shop for your bread on a Saturday, or is that just wishful thinking on your behalf

But surely you can understand the concept that not all Tesco stores are going to be receiving deliveries of the same goods on the same day, so asking here is a bit pointless
Edited by: "OllieSt" 23rd Jan
Just like Ollie already said, every single store will be different and even different across weeks. Every store has a different level of back storage space, different dates already on shelf when new delivery arrives. With the likes of bread it will also vary brand to brand as some will be direct delivered to the stores and not come from the Stores own supply chain. At the end of the day every product is supplied to the stores with an minimum SLS (shelf life to store). It is even more complex considering the warehouse will also have a SLW (Shelf Life Warehouse), within the same day, on the same goods 1 store could be supplied with a SLS of 120% while another receives an SLS of 130%.
An example of milk within a supply chain, it is pasteurised in the evening,packed, delivered to DC in the early hours, picked and shipped to stores that afternoon/evening (it might be while they closed and not stocked out until the next morning, or they may stock through the night). The same milk is also picked during the same pick shift to be delivered to stores for the next morning in the same afternoon/evening. Once it arrives in store, they may not place out immediately as they didn't sell all of the previous delivery yet.
SteMoss23/01/2020 17:12

Comment deleted

OllieSt23/01/2020 17:13

Okay big man.
I found the answer here: mysticalball.com/
Jesus ste wouldn’t like be the shop assistant if your bread isn’t fresh
parisp23/01/2020 17:23

Jesus ste wouldn’t like be the shop assistant if your bread isn’t fresh (l …Jesus ste wouldn’t like be the shop assistant if your bread isn’t fresh

I was just thinking...

39744815-R1p1l.jpg
Tesco get deliveries 7 days a week, when it comes to bread they get the same stuff fresh every day. Just depends on how much left over bread from the day before they have. They need to sell that first, so ask nicely for one from the back.
Ex Tesco employee
parisp23/01/2020 17:23

Jesus ste wouldn’t like be the shop assistant if your bread isn’t fresh (l …Jesus ste wouldn’t like be the shop assistant if your bread isn’t fresh

Would it be easier for you to do a online shop?
The answer is there isn't an answer. Supermarkets receive deliveries based on automated stock control, as things sell more is delivered. It's not like milk is delivered on a Monday, bread on a Tuesday ............
Azwipe23/01/2020 18:46

The answer is there isn't an answer. Supermarkets receive deliveries based …The answer is there isn't an answer. Supermarkets receive deliveries based on automated stock control, as things sell more is delivered. It's not like milk is delivered on a Monday, bread on a Tuesday ............

I used to work in the warehouse of a Sainsburys store. There was actually a delivery of milk every single day of the week (I think excluding Sundays) and it was the same with bread. However though, what was actually on that delivery did vary according to that stock level of what had been sold and what was expected to be sold. So a delivery might come in one day and contain amongst it four rollers of 4 pint semi-skimmed, the next day amongst all the milk delivery there might only be one roller of 4 pint semi depending on what was the stock level was. It's also worth bearing in mind that the stock of bread and milk is managed so as to have products with a shorter life selling out rather than having to be reduced. Like you say there's no simple answer to the OP's question.
My experience of Tesco is they have such a massive turnover of products , they are always restocking with fresh items. So no particular day just double check the dates when buying as sometimes they place the fresher items in front of the older stock.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants