Best deal been offered by Sky when cancelling?

Found 31st Jul
Just put my 31 days notice in to sky to cancel my package, I was on the old variety package with sports and movies, no broadband as that's with another provider.

Was just wondering what people have managed to get out of them when they call to try get me to stay, I was trying to get sky q but wanted 199quid upfront.

Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
How many years have you been with Sky? If it's 15+, then you get Sky Q for £20 installation fee.
Sky Q, sports, movies, box sets, multi-room second box. £55 for the entire length of contract.
adam_holcombe26 m ago

Sky Q, sports, movies, box sets, multi-room second box. £55 for the entire …Sky Q, sports, movies, box sets, multi-room second box. £55 for the entire length of contract.

That's a price I'd love to pay, I'm £65 for all that minus the sports.
STRICKIBHOY56 m ago

That's a price I'd love to pay, I'm £65 for all that minus the sports.

It really helps bring in a Virgin Media area. Just have to hint of moving to them and you can basically name your price.
jamie0153 h, 10 m ago

How many years have you been with Sky? If it's 15+, then you get Sky Q for …How many years have you been with Sky? If it's 15+, then you get Sky Q for £20 installation fee.

8 years now so unfortunately not for me
adam_holcombe1 h, 41 m ago

It really helps bring in a Virgin Media area. Just have to hint of moving …It really helps bring in a Virgin Media area. Just have to hint of moving to them and you can basically name your price.

I'm in a virgin media area, interested to know what you managed to get
laings865 m ago

8 years now so unfortunately not for me

Sky Q has it's downfalls though, for example you cannot set reminders for TV shows on there!

Touch remote is nice though (sold seperately).
I used to work for sky, only left last week. Unfortunately, the same deals arent open to everyone, it all depends on the package you had before, the length of time you had sky in your home and whether you have tv, phone and internet or just a tv bundle etc. As much as people say its better to name drop virgin or bt that still doesnt guarantee certain deals and discounts. Usually they will offer an initial deal and then give 1 or max 2 better offers. As stated previously this isnt down to the advisor on the phone but sky itself. If the offer isn’t on the system for them to offer it unfortunately they won’t be able to. So not every case is black and white, it’s different for every sky customer.
hope this helps
I got Sky-Q for £20 installation thats it and i pay £19 a month for variety, HD and kids.
L_K12323 m ago

I got Sky-Q for £20 installation thats it and i pay £19 a month for v …I got Sky-Q for £20 installation thats it and i pay £19 a month for variety, HD and kids.

Same here with installation, but I pay £20pm
50% sweetener to commit to same arrangement for another 12m term.
I pay £32 a month for multi room thinks it’s sky entertainment, HD package and Sky box sets in 4K as I have the 2TB box
Left 10 months ago (maybe longer) and every month still getting a letter from them offering 65% discount to come back. TV only package I had (old variety package with the odd month of movies when they did it as an offer but never had sports at any stage)
jamie0151 h, 27 m ago

Same here with installation, but I pay £20pm

You maybe have boxsets added, I never use it so took that off.
L_K12329 m ago

You maybe have boxsets added, I never use it so took that off.

I don't, I'm on original. My retention deal was Sky Q for £20, but I'm going to haggle again now.
adam_holcombe9 h, 52 m ago

Sky Q, sports, movies, box sets, multi-room second box. £55 for the entire …Sky Q, sports, movies, box sets, multi-room second box. £55 for the entire length of contract.

Got this plus HD for £47pm 12 month contract.
I have just got a deal through my work for sky, they offered me essentially £10 less than going direct for any package, after negotiations with them I have boxstes kids, entertainment, movies, hd, multiroom in 2 others and a 2tb box for £52. That includes fibre unlimited (not the top one) and line rental.
LEXIE5511 h, 12 m ago

Got this plus HD for £47pm 12 month contract.

Sorry, mine also includes HD (Can't imagine a single perosn wouldn't have it these days?!)
adam_holcombe13 h, 24 m ago

Sorry, mine also includes HD (Can't imagine a single perosn wouldn't have …Sorry, mine also includes HD (Can't imagine a single perosn wouldn't have it these days?!)

I dont have HD, but I do have a pretty good deal that I got through the link 'left sky in the last 12months' on my account page.
It was 3 years ago and I got the full sky package and added HD half price for 12 months for a total of £26.50. After the 12 months, I called to cancel the half price HD and the very nice lady said she had never seen a deal like I had. Effectively, I had the full package for £20 month for 12 months fixed for 5 years. With the annual increases since, I'm now back to paying £26.50 without HD, but at that price for everything, I just dont care
adam_holcombe13 h, 31 m ago

Sorry, mine also includes HD (Can't imagine a single perosn wouldn't have …Sorry, mine also includes HD (Can't imagine a single perosn wouldn't have it these days?!)

HD is a waste of money for some people, as BBC/ITV/Channel 4 HD channels are all free on Sky anyway.
34608055-ux0Lo.jpgjust agreed to this, thought it was a reasonable offer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions