Groups
    EXPIRED

Best deal for windows 7 Full OEM anyone?

And what is the difference between OEM and normal ?

I think it is that OEM has to be bought with hardware, but us their any difference between OEM and non OEM?

5 Comments

usualy OEM has the bare minimum of packaging and instructions, apart from that should be no different

ebuyer had a good deal this weekend that was posted on HDUK, you could buy Vista with a free upgrade to Windows 7 for 50 quid, I think its 69 quid now, but I think it still is a good deal

As the other person said, the only main difference between OEM and Full retail is the packaging, but also reputable dealers MUST always sell you at least one piece of computer hardware

And technically once its installed you are not supposed to switch PC's :whistling:

Original Poster

tyke-eng;7143583

ebuyer had a good deal this weekend that was posted on HDUK, you could … ebuyer had a good deal this weekend that was posted on HDUK, you could buy Vista with a free upgrade to Windows 7 for 50 quid, I think its 69 quid now, but I think it still is a good dealAs the other person said, the only main difference between OEM and Full retail is the packaging, but also reputable dealers MUST always sell you at least one piece of computer hardwareAnd technically once its installed you are not supposed to switch PC's :whistling:

Im on ebuyer now, have you got a link?

generaloneill;7143613

Im on ebuyer now, have you got a link?

ebuyer.com/pro…=10

60 quid!

This answer applies to Vista, I'd assume it's similar for 7 but I haven't actually checked.

An OEM copy doesn't have to be bought with hardware, the difference is that it's not eligible for support from Microsoft (direct support, you still get all the patches and add-ons) and that it can't be transferred between computers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Toys R Us Warning....2024
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914432
      3. Money Saving Tips...2038
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1326

See more discussions