EXPIRED

Best deal on 360 Upgrades? (HDD / Controller)

Banned
I have a core console, but I'm looking to upgrade it to what would be the premium or elite version. So looking for a 20 / 120gb HDD (New or Pre-Owned, don't mind) and a Wired or Wireless controller, if wireless, must include some way of charging (Again, new or pre-owned) I understand there are alot of deals out there for these things, but I just don't know what exactly to look for, getting confused with battery packs or AA's and stuff.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers!
Eddie.

5 Comments

Your best bet is probably to look for a hard disk on ebay. Unless you intend to download lots of media content I wouldn't bother about a 120gb hd as they're around £110-£130 at the moment.

New 20gb hard disks are around £45 and new wireless controllers around £23. Don't worry too much about charging the batteries for the wireless controller - you can buy a battery charger and AA rechageables - you don't have to get a plug & play kit.

Have you thought about buying a new premium and selling your core?

Original Poster Banned

Thing is, my core has been opened up i believe. I bought it pre owned and the warrenty sticker was gone. So I don't think I'd sell it on to anyone, Just in case there are any problems with it you know?

Cheers for the help with the wireless controller, where can I get the one for £23 and the 20gb HDD for £45?

Your help is much appreciated, my stepdad just bought a load of cheap xbox 1 games and is gutted he can't play them because you need a HDD to play them on 360, for some very wierd reason!

Cheers!

wireless controllers

£21.98 del (or summit liek that)

[url]www.dvd.co.uk[/url]

Thanks Vengod :thumbsup:

The other option is the wireless controller with Forza 2 for £30 from Shopto

The prices of the hard drives were I think £45 ish if you froogle, and I'm sure I saw a deal with Google checkout which has probably expired now. Cheapest I can find is PC World £55
pcworld.co.uk/mar…849

You need the hard drive to play the xbox 1 games as you have to download some software from the xbox site to run the games and this software is stored on the hard drive.
xbox.com/en-…htm

If you don't have xbox live you can download the file to a PC and burn a CD or DVD and use this to transfer the software to your xbox.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all the help Vengod and gari, you 2 are legends!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?46
    2. Bed pillow recommendations11
    3. Should i buy Gin at Heathrow airport or outside at a Supermarket if I'm tra…65
    4. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1620

See more discussions