best deal on a sim to use for a month in usa

Found 21st Jan
i've heard about the 3 payg sim but is this still the best deal for a sim needed for a month in usa ? cheers
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
I use Lyca Mobile, can get a month unlimited with a US number for about £29 off Amazon
Three was great for me
justanothercid1 h, 29 m ago

Three was great for me

do you happen to mind what is the price with 3 ? thanks
JoanTomasso1 h, 55 m ago

I use Lyca Mobile, can get a month unlimited with a US number for about …I use Lyca Mobile, can get a month unlimited with a US number for about £29 off Amazon

that sounds like a plan too thanks
And try to pay cash. If they have a card, you run the risk of charges turning up unexpectedly.
ccnp58 m ago

And try to pay cash. If they have a card, you run the risk of charges …And try to pay cash. If they have a card, you run the risk of charges turning up unexpectedly.

What do you mean? If you mean in general i personally find the Halifax clarify card is way to go as you don't get charges for paying in other currencies....and mastercard is generally about best exchange rate you can get... Right enough if you withdraw cash you do get charged daily interest unless u pay off in full straight away.. So we each have a card one used for purchases and one used for cash that we use Internet banking to pay off straight away to avoid interest
sheps8 h, 48 m ago

do you happen to mind what is the price with 3 ? thanks

3p a min 2p a text and 1p per mb
yozzas2 h, 38 m ago

thanks.. do u know if 3 happen to do a one month sim at a decent price that might suit? quite forgot how payo works with bundles... if not liking the lyca option with unlimited calls text and internet.. and can get better deal on amazon.com that way and get my friend to post it to me with my wedding invitation
Can't really answer ur question unless u tell us ur usage
MynameisM16 m ago

Can't really answer ur question unless u tell us ur usage

Im there a month and its more for calls within the usa to US numbers like at the airport to get my shuttle or taxi etc... (guess id phone/text my friends there more too if i could rather than rely on wifi like i did last time) so think as 3 is £1.40 a min to phone US numbers while there it best i go with the Lyca suggestion unless anyone knows a better one
Edited by: "sheps" 22nd Jan
U could use three feel at home for calling uk can't u just get a sim from there to call usa numbers would the 3p code to call USA from the UK not work on feel at home if it does that's 3p a minute
yozzas11 h, 32 m ago

That's to call uk not US numbers though isn't it
MynameisM52 m ago

U could use three feel at home for calling uk can't u just get a sim from …U could use three feel at home for calling uk can't u just get a sim from there to call usa numbers would the 3p code to call USA from the UK not work on feel at home if it does that's 3p a minute

So what ive learned today is the lyca sim mentioned above for around £12 on amazon.com more if you want one sent to a uk address (im lucky my friend will forward mine here as ill need it a couple of days before i will be seeing her) gives me 30 days Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Text & Data 1 GB at up to 4G LTE $1.50 Bonus International Credit Unlimited Talk & Text to 60+ Countries. It's 1c a min to uk landline and 5c a min mobiles but tbh i am less likely to need that and more likely to need the US airtime and data

the 3 sims good for calling/texting home that comes out of your allowance... but says 1.40 a min to phone a us number and 2p a text... three.co.uk/sup…tes
Edited by: "sheps" 22nd Jan
sheps23 h, 27 m ago

thanks.. do u know if 3 happen to do a one month sim at a decent price …thanks.. do u know if 3 happen to do a one month sim at a decent price that might suit? quite forgot how payo works with bundles... if not liking the lyca option with unlimited calls text and internet.. and can get better deal on amazon.com that way and get my friend to post it to me with my wedding invitation

Just top up and it lasts till it runs out . Dont get a bundle they only last 30 days . I think you have to top up £15 .
sheps15 h, 16 m ago

Im there a month and its more for calls within the usa to US numbers like …Im there a month and its more for calls within the usa to US numbers like at the airport to get my shuttle or taxi etc... (guess id phone/text my friends there more too if i could rather than rely on wifi like i did last time) so think as 3 is £1.40 a min to phone US numbers while there it best i go with the Lyca suggestion unless anyone knows a better one

Don't use an English SIM to phone USA numbers it will cost £2 a minute . Use uber on the app a lot cheaper than yellow cabs . They rip you off especially them Haitian drivers . Use code : uberfreebieue to get a free ride on your first journey . Uber are around half price .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions