Best deal on buying euro's

Found 10th May
hi I'm planning on getting on getting my euro's tomorrow for my holiday I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals instore or online thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
'How many € will I get for £xxx' is the only question.

travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Commission free = poor exchange rate
Buy back of unused currency = poor exchange rate buying and selling
Delivered to your door = poor exchange rate
etc

other sites are available

Many on here inc me find a Halifax Clarity credit card is the cheapest way to not carry a wallet full of currency/ You wont get it for tomorrow but it will be there for next time

We started using a FairFX card when our son started traveling aged 14 to avoid the pitfalls of a youngun losing cash. It worked for that purpose but the hidden charges made it a joke. How any one recommended it is beyond me. I don't think they ever used it. The other benefit is that when the money's gone, its gone. But that leaves you stranded. Its now festering in a drawer so thanks for the reminder to void it on this years holiday.
Edited by: "ccnp" 10th May
Monzo or Revoult FTW. They give the best excgange rate (from my experience) than phsically buying cash.
No idea about the euros but have a fabulous holiday.
ccnp1 h, 32 m ago

'How many € will I get for £xxx' is the only question. ht …'How many € will I get for £xxx' is the only question. https://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/Commission free = poor exchange rateBuy back of unused currency = poor exchange rate buying and selling Delivered to your door = poor exchange rateetcother sites are availableMany on here inc me find a Halifax Clarity credit card is the cheapest way to not carry a wallet full of currency/ You wont get it for tomorrow but it will be there for next timeWe started using a FairFX card when our son started traveling aged 14 to avoid the pitfalls of a youngun losing cash. It worked for that purpose but the hidden charges made it a joke. How any one recommended it is beyond me. I don't think they ever used it. The other benefit is that when the money's gone, its gone. But that leaves you stranded. Its now festering in a drawer so thanks for the reminder to void it on this years holiday.

£500
Infractionboi1 h, 28 m ago

bit late to get a clarity card if you need the euros tomrrow use this tool …bit late to get a clarity card if you need the euros tomrrow use this tool to find the best rates if you need euros in cash

I don't need them for tomorrow just wanted to get them so something less to do. What is a clarity card
I use number 1 cash converters or something for cash as i find it the best and use card for rest, Barclay travel card let's u take money out of atm, using excellent visa rate, just make sure you select euro and let your bank do the convsion,
Pricklerickle30 m ago

I use number 1 cash converters or something for cash as i find it the best …I use number 1 cash converters or something for cash as i find it the best and use card for rest, Barclay travel card let's u take money out of atm, using excellent visa rate, just make sure you select euro and let your bank do the convsion,

I was wondering if the Barclays Travel Card matched the excellent Halifax Clarity card. So I Googled it and found the warm cuddly home page. The I read the details on how it works which you have to look for and get to grips with the steely rip offs behind the lovely warm cuddly words.

It needs a wealth warning. Its designed to get you into debt and charges rip off 3% per transaction.
Try a Revolut card that's what I'm going to use when we go away.
You can withdraw euros free of charge over there and spend free of charge as long as you're under the spending limits (£500 a month i think)
So you just top up your account with what you need and when you send you just pay the exchange rate at the time.
That's the only issue the exhange rate could be lower that if you bought euros in the UK or it could be better.
I used Camden FX, but the money hasn't turned up yet (Online order).
Will have to phone them this afternoon.
I'm going to Orlando soon and will be getting most of my cash put onto a Thomas cook 'Lyk' pre paid card, can be used in shops and certain cash machines. Free to use and not the worst of rates out there, all controlled via an app on a phone.
I am suprised nobody has mentioned Starling Bank, i have Revolut and Monzo but find Starling just as good and the rates are brilliant. No need to convert your currency either , just download the app from the playstore and apply and they will send a card out to you.
I found Sainsbury’s was good if you find the special promo codes and you get points too. Can collect or get it delivered.
cmdr_elito17 m ago

I found Sainsbury’s was good if you find the special promo codes and you g …I found Sainsbury’s was good if you find the special promo codes and you get points too. Can collect or get it delivered.

total rip off raes tcompared to someone like thomas exchange
Infractionboi2 m ago

total rip off raes tcompared to someone like thomas exchange

It was good at the time I used it, best rate I could find using the promo code.
If your wanting it in cash euros it will be better waiting till exchange rate picks up a bit. Will probably go up a bit in a week or so.

Thomas cook reserve online

Are usually OK rates, i reserve online when prices are good. As in not right now.

The difference between 1.11 and 1.14 would mean you could get about 15 euro extra on £500.

I also have a fairfx card to lock in good rates, and a starling bank card. Can use both abroad no problem or charges.(unless i withdrew cash at ATM on fairfx) but theres no need as i just use contactless.

I prefer fairfx as i know i have a good rate locked in.
Starling is great for withdrawing money, etc with no charges but you rely on the exchange rate that day. And If i needed to i can lock card from app instantly etc..
ccnp13 h, 20 m ago

I was wondering if the Barclays Travel Card matched the excellent Halifax …I was wondering if the Barclays Travel Card matched the excellent Halifax Clarity card. So I Googled it and found the warm cuddly home page. The I read the details on how it works which you have to look for and get to grips with the steely rip offs behind the lovely warm cuddly words.It needs a wealth warning. Its designed to get you into debt and charges rip off 3% per transaction.

there is no 3 percent transaction . it's Barclaycard travel credit card, no fee or transaction for paying on card aboard or at atm aboard, its was on mse website 😁
Pricklerickle9 m ago

there is no 3 percent transaction . it's Barclaycard travel credit …there is no 3 percent transaction . it's Barclaycard travel credit card, no fee or transaction for paying on card aboard or at atm aboard, its was on mse website 😁

it's only after the offer on 2022
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants