Groups
    EXPIRED

Best deal on XBOX Live subscription & adaptor

Hi,

We've just gone wireless so I want to buy my husband an XBox Live subscription and the adaptor thing you need, for his birthday. Does anyone know the best place to get these?

The subscription can be for 3, 6, 12 months, whatever they come in.

I also want to get him Halo 3 & Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

Thanks in advance!

:santa:

27 Comments

hello there well first off there is a 12+1 month subscription from game at a reasonable £34.99
    game.co.uk/Xbo…-3/
    it seems to say not available online but im sure there may be some in your local game

game.co.uk/Xbo…er/
    i cant really find a good price for the wireless adaptor as i am looking for one myself got a code for £5 off it enter AWDC07XM at the checkout
    as for the games order seperatley with the code and fingers crossed you might get a fiver off them aswell good luck

you can get the wireless adaptor 2nd hand for £42 in CEX with 12 months warrenty

cex.co.uk/pro…699

i understand that its a birthday present but sometime they have sealed ones
    worth a try if you live near any of the stores anyway.

good luck :thumbsup:

Banned

Wireless adapter = £49.99 at PC World using reserve and collect.

hi wireless adapter excellent condition £42 delivered
    halo 3 brand new and sealed again £29

iand68

[url]www.bizits.co.uk[/url] have the ]wireless adaptor for £42.89 and ]13 … [url]www.bizits.co.uk[/url] have the ]wireless adaptor for £42.89 and ]13 months xbox live subscription for £31.02.I've never used this site before, so if anyone has any feedback on them, it would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this yesterday but it was removed & now I'm really worried as I've ordered one for my Son for Christmas.

Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership Card Digital Delivery

12 months gold membership direct to your inbox within 12 hours, valid email is required.

Our Price: £26.44

[EMAIL="http://www.bizits.co.uk/department/xbox_live_membership_digital_delivery/"]http://www.bizits.co.uk/department/xbox_live_membership_digital_delivery/[/EMAIL]

:santa: (thinking to myself, what a cool wife/lady buying 360 stuff for her husband. )

EDIT Can't post the link...using Vista, anyway it's on the Home page [url]www.bizits.co.uk[/url] or search Xbox Live, ta huh? there's the link?

You're all talking about bizits, but I'm concerned this company is registered at a residential address, just chcekout google maps and their postcode.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Don't think I'll take a chance with this site, especially so close to Christmas. Would rather pay a bit more and be guaranteed delivery.

Hi guys,

if you cant afford the 360 wireless adapter (like me) you can use a laptop to do online gaming. this is done by using the ethernet lead (telephone kind of cable) and ataching from your laptop/pc into your xbox.

then if you do a google search for "using laptop for xbox live" there will be plenty of instruction telling you how to set up the connection.

Another good thing about this is the fact that if the xbox is wired to a computer, you can play all of the media on the computer, which is great if you have the 20gb hard drive version (also like me :-D )

hope this helps!

braders9876

I bought my 12 +1 month Xbox Live Gold subscription from ebay for £17.99, that was for new Live accounts only. Think it was about £25 for a 12 month card to extend an existing Live account.
    It was really reliable and very quick, he emailed the code within a few hours and I was kicking butt on Call of Duty 4 shortly after.

braders9876

Hi guys,if you cant afford the 360 wireless adapter (like me) you can use … Hi guys,if you cant afford the 360 wireless adapter (like me) you can use a laptop to do online gaming. this is done by using the ethernet lead (telephone kind of cable) and ataching from your laptop/pc into your xbox.then if you do a google search for "using laptop for xbox live" there will be plenty of instruction telling you how to set up the connection.Another good thing about this is the fact that if the xbox is wired to a computer, you can play all of the media on the computer, which is great if you have the 20gb hard drive version (also like me :-D )hope this helps!braders9876

thanks.. i'm in the same position

Don't worry about using Bizits, everytime I've used them they've been great.

You are John & I claim my £5 . Seriously though, I'm getting concerned as I still have not received my order. I have emailed & left messages but got no response until yesterday when I said I was filing a paypal dispute. I got a reply saying that I would receive my order today which is within the 2-7 day dispatch agreement. It's longer than 7 days but I wasn't gonna argue about a few days. Anyway, it still didn't turn up. I've been told that as I didn't order through ebay, paypal won't refund my money.:-(

I am John?

Yes because I made an account and have been posting here for the past 6 months so that I could post nice things about myself if I happened to start a game-shop.

Sounds like a good plan doesn't it?

mmcg

I am John?Yes because I made an account and have been posting here for … I am John?Yes because I made an account and have been posting here for the past 6 months so that I could post nice things about myself if I happened to start a game-shop.Sounds like a good plan doesn't it?

I was joking... that's why I Followed with "seriously though" sorry, I obviously misjudged some peoples sense of humour on here. The "I claim my £5" is something they do on radio/tv shows when they try to guess the identity of someone.

Well, after being told that my order would be with me on thurs and still not receiving it, I tried again several times to contact the seller. After getting no response, I opened a dispute through paypal and received a full refund within hours. So, promises that the item had been dispatched were just plain lies.

I've noticed that when delivery is required, this place is a bit dodgy, but when ordering codes its been absolutely fine and sent over email...

Based on that I wouldnt order a console, but I think I'm going to buy the xbox live subscription. Its secure over Paypal and saves money which could be spent on more important things (FOOOOOOOOOD)

Hi, to try and save you a bit of money, if you have a router it would be possible to run an ethernet cable from it to the xbox, avoiding paying lots for a wireless adaptor!
    Dunno if this helps!

Also with a cable your more than likely going to have a better connection with no chance of bad signal levels. Ebuyer sell them quite cheap. My networked computers are fully wired for this reason, plus it allows me transfer files at full speed and fully use my 20Mb connection or is it MB, mb? Amazing how you can get an HNC in computing but not have the memory to remember that. Anyways, maybe its just a personal opinion but I would never game over a wireless connection unless I had to. My friends laptop is wireless and he gets about 22Mb to his router.

I suppose the only problem they do have is that the xbox has to be close to the router. My xbox was in the room above the router so all i had to do was drill a hole through the ceiling.
    Also, with ethernet cables as cheap as about £1 they are loads cheaper than a wireless adaptor. The cheapest i have found is £55 from play.com (brilliant site for cheaper stuff).

As for the games you are after, once again play.com seems cheapest. Halo 3 Collectors Edition: £39.99
    Pro Evo 2008: £24.99
    If you are getting xbox live, go for 12 months if your husband is going to play it a lot! Overall it works out cheaper to pay for 12 months. 3months is £12.99 whereas 12 months is around £34.99.

any further offers for the subscription and adaptor, rep is to be had

hotukdeals.com/ite…ew/

Todays deal of the day at Gamestation has the adaptor at just £39.99

Anyone recommend any wireless routers that could be used instead of the official one? My girlfriend will go nuts if I get any more wires in the house.

Banned

the wireless adapter was £39.99 in the gamestation daily sales might have went back up in price now though?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions